Smoked Salmon Souffle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
1 cup Pinot Gris
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
4 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
4 ounces hot-smoked salmon or poached fresh salmon, flaked
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cayenne pepper
Large pinch of cream of tartar

Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter six 1-cup ramekins. In a medium saucepan, boil the wine over high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Melt the butter in the saucepan and stir in the flour. Add the milk and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat, whisking often, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and beat in the egg yolks and cream cheese. Fold in the salmon and reduced wine. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne; cover.
In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until firm peaks form. Fold one-third of the whites into the salmon mixture, then fold in the rest. Spoon into the prepared ramekins. Bake the soufflés in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, or until puffed and browned. Let cool slightly; the soufflés will sink.

Dinner tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering/ thinking about maybe eying the measurements and amount and try making just one in a springform pan or a baking dish- that is what I am doing at work today hahahaha, thinking of what I will do when I leave! I can't wait, it has my 2 fav things in it- wine and salmon!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom