Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..we went out last night to celebrate my daughter's birthday...had a grand time and pretty good food(I am hard to impress) Anyway I order a Wild Turkey 101 neat....It comes to the table...the smell is wrong..the taste not right..:ermm: Instead of bothering the little waitress I walk to the bar..had a "conversation" with the bar-keep..He poured me another out of a WT 101 bottle.....returned to the table.. after a few sips..THIS IS NOT WILD TURKEY! rather than make scene I let it go! Towards the end of the evening I had a chance to "visit" with the Manager..He came back later an said he agreed..something was not right. Brought me another drink out of a "fresh" bottle...This time was WT 101. He comped(sp) the drinks!
My younger son worked tables for a spell while in school and he said the owner's regularly put Taka vodka into Grey Goose bottles...So anyway Buyer beware!

Last edited:
Had the same crap happen to me! Nothing like ruining a night with the first cocktail.

Last edited by a moderator:
UncleB, thats just cr*p! At least he comped the drinks. I always wonder about this too, being a vodka snob I always get Belvedere or GG. And on a few occasions it didnt taste so good!

Well I may could be "duped" on Vodka, gin, rum,scotch maybe.. but not Bourbons...especially those that I drink and have in my bunker!!
I am very familiar with the Wild Turkey bourbons...I love WT Rare Breed...
Most food joints, around here at least, don't offer the Top Shelf labels/brands..rather going with the "well" brands...Lower shelf labels and charging Big time prices....Alcohol is "big bucks"(profit) in the restaurant business! "Call" brands/labels they really "take care of business"

I took a bartending class years ago. This is what's called "Marrying a Bottle"...and if there are any bar/restaraunt owners reading this, you know well that it is very much illegal.

Speaking of bar etiquette, what ever happened to "Last pour is on the house" rule?

Uncle Bob said:
Ok..we went out last night to celebrate my daughter's birthday...had a grand time and pretty good food(I am hard to impress) Anyway I order a Wild Turkey 101 neat....It comes to the table...the smell is wrong..the taste not right..:ermm: Instead of bothering the little waitress I walk to the bar..had a "conversation" with the bar-keep..He poured me another out of a WT 101 bottle.....returned to the table.. after a few sips..THIS IS NOT WILD TURKEY! rather than make scene I let it go! Towards the end of the evening I had a chance to "visit" with the Manager..He came back later an said he agreed..something was not right. Brought me another drink out of a "fresh" bottle...This time was WT 101. He comped(sp) the drinks!
My younger son worked tables for a spell while in school and he said the owner's regularly put Taka vodka into Grey Goose bottles...So anyway Buyer beware!

Okay I have to fess up.....Forgive me dad :) ...... when I was in my late teens my girlfriends and I decided we wanted to make ourselves some Screwdrivers. Well dad had a large bottle .... I think its called a 5th....of Vodka and we proceeded to make ourselves a drink and then another and before we knew it there was only like a 4th left. Well I knew dad wasn't a vodka drinker and still wasn't sure why the heck he had it but I had the brilliant idea to just add water. Well little did I know that dad ended up giving that bottle to the local bar that he frequented...:LOL: . Those poor poor customers and not to mention the bartender whom I'm sure got many complaints.

Sorry for you imposter Uncle Bob!

I have spent all morning getting various Microsoft security updates downloaded and installed on my home computer so that I could log into the VPN (virtual private network) at the office. Many hours later, I still can't connect because so many others are trying to work from home like me!

It's Wednesday and I can only bill for 6 hours of work this week so far.
Tomorrow's gonna be a loooooooooong day.

Ugh. You know the best thing about working from home mudbug? No one is around to tell you not to drink on the job. ;)

I completely understand your frustration and sympathize. Hope it all works out soon.

You know, as my Dad used to say, "the sun is over the yardarm SOMEWHERE in the world".

I know its only a half hour away, but hey, in Europe they are finished dinner and its brandy time.

Alix said:
Ugh. You know the best thing about working from home mudbug? No one is around to tell you not to drink on the job. ;)

I completely understand your frustration and sympathize. Hope it all works out soon.

Alix, I'm embarrassed to admit that as long as I've known you, I have absolutely no clue what you do for a living. Whatever it is, it must be pretty sweet if you can drink on the job! :LOL:

DampCharcoal said:
Alix, I'm embarrassed to admit that as long as I've known you, I have absolutely no clue what you do for a living. Whatever it is, it must be pretty sweet if you can drink on the job! :LOL:

Heh heh heh! I don't get to drink on the job, but let me tell you there are moments I wish I COULD!! (I'm a therapist and I work in a residential facility that caters to adolescents and their families)

I have been having major Panic Attacks and yesterday a friend took me to Kaiser and I learned that my blood pressure was extremely high. I take blood pressure pills every day but apparently those are not helping.

All in all I am not feeling so good.

I Have To Continue Venting & Ask For Help

sorry, all

One of the many "updates" I had downloaded and installed today was IE 7, whose new toolbar apparently hides or does not include an icon for Favorites. The only bookmark button I see is for Google.

Are all those links lost? I have them on Firefox, but don't know how to transfer them back to IE without copying and pasting each and every dadgum one.

I am not too crazy about IE7 either... ever since we installed it everything slowed down on the net. We checked everything else but seems a-okay, combining with some feedbacks from Cris's colleagues and clients, we decided it is the fault of IE7. It is really trying our patience.

I was not crazy about the new version of Photoshop CS2 either, I don't know whether we found a defective copy, but it doesn't take any keyboard command, so we just switched back to the original CS edition. Uffa!!

Hope you're doing better, shpj4.

Mud & urmaniac, at least you know what those thingies are. I have no clue!

Meanwhile my dog & kitty are locked up, since I'm getting a new sliding door put in, and they're sad :(

shpj4 I have been taking freshly ground cinnamon for my high blood pressure. It works! I take a tablespoon every day. And it has gone down!
I also get panic attacks. And have been in the ER about once every 6 months. :neutral: Sometimes I have to take a ambulance. :ermm: Get yourself Xanex. It has 'saved' me many times.
I hope and pray youre doing alright.

Deadly Sushi, that is one huge amount of cinnamon. Not sure where you came up with that for a dosage. You need to be careful with cinnamon as it is potentially carcinogenic in large amounts, though beneficial at lower doses. I've been having a look on the Web. The recommendations I've seen are for no more than a teaspoon a day. Have a look at:

Cancer   By

boy do I need to vent...
Yesterday I got 2 new tires to replace the balding ones! (*ouch!*)
Last night dh's car's engine nearly overheated, so he got a rental car (*little ouch*) and today his buddy, the mechanic said it needed a new water pump (*ouch!!)
Today my house only had cold water. So, I tried to restart the pilot light. No luck, so the Gas Company guy said since my water heater was only a couple of years old, it was the "new model that nobody can get into", so, yep, you guessed it, tomorrow I have to buy and have installed a new one. (*ouch!!!)
I just finished paying the sliding door guy (*ouch!!!!)

and now I'm taking the kids over to mil's for their hot showers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom