Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really just makes me so sad. I agree, teens do think they're invincible. I can't imagine the guilt being felt by the young driver. I don't think they realize how life can change so suddenly and drastically with one decision. Car accidents are the number one killer of teens.

The accident that happened last year was a 16 year old going 70 in a 25, on a road with a lot of hills. They were trying to "catch some air," it cost a 14 year old boy his life.

CharlieD said:
Thank you everybody. We did use some stuff local drug stores sales. The lies are gone but the nits are still there.

The reason we know that it was Not school because the whole school has been checked for it. Kids go to a very small private school. All parents know each other and most of us are friends. So I know for fact she did not get them in school.

We are washing and nearly sterilizing everything she use or comes in contact with. It’s been crazy. Thanks Michele.

So sorry Charlie D that you and your family are having to deal with all that.....when it rains it showers. I hope and pray it'll all do a complete turn around very soon and things get back to normal.

corazon90 said:
It really just makes me so sad. I agree, teens do think they're invincible. I can't imagine the guilt being felt by the young driver. I don't think they realize how life can change so suddenly and drastically with one decision. Car accidents are the number one killer of teens.

The accident that happened last year was a 16 year old going 70 in a 25, on a road with a lot of hills. They were trying to "catch some air," it cost a 14 year old boy his life.

CJ, and Cora, bless your precious little ones that they have such excellent, wise guardians by their sides. I can trust that they will be kept safe, and taught good sense as they grow up... even if at times you mayannoy them to death but they will learn soon enough it is far better than driving themselves to death. (((Hugs))) to each one of you!

Glad to hear it.

Now I have a question - I'll avoid the vent - there's plenty of worse situations here. Does anyone here have any experience of catheters for cats with renal failure?

Snoop, there is a chronic renine failure web support group....I'll try and find it for you if you like.....?

NUMBER ONE ISSUE, what is your cat eating...DRIED FOOD IS THE WORST THING, even if a renal support food!

Drat, Snoop I have lost my addresses/webaddresses with that wretched ID fraud...I did a quick google and got this....feline-crf-info : Feline CRF Information

Someone I know from another forum is a great (amateur, but good) expert on CRF in cats, she is called Kim, and rescues CRF cats and is on two veterinary support groups for this....if you find her in the CRF group tell her Lulu who used to go to SOCOC recommended her. In any case, I frequented the group a few times researching food for my own cat who has a different problem and the support seems great.

Good luck.....diet and good (open minded) vet might not mean what you might think it means, if you can get those figures down ...I'll be praying for your cat.

Thanks lulu and Glenda. Unfortunately, we had to have him put to sleep. The vet came up with an enormous treatment regime but he had gone downhill so fast since our last visit that it was obviously going to be too much for him. All very sad.

My heart aches for you, Snoop Puss. I know how difficult it is to see one of our furry children suffer and then have to make the decision to end the pain.

We are blessed with a loving, compassionate vet who cried along with us as we said good-bye to our beloved Justin Digger.

There is a special place in heaven for your kitty who will get to purr on your lap again someday.

I am so sorry Snoop...:( To lose such a beloved family member really takes away so much out of your life and heart... but try to look on the other side... he is no longer suffering, he went to a lovely place, young and happy again. He will be watching over you and will be always a part of you in the special corner of your heart.
He was so fortunate to have you during his time in this world.;)

Snoop,
I'm so sorry about our little pal. Take comfort in that you gave him a wonderful home and a lot of love..
kadesma

ARGGGGGGG

IN LAWS!!!!!!!

Please, please, please my friends, however little you think you have if you do not have an up to date will have one written, or write one and register it yourself THIS WEEK. So you don't end up writing this very same vent.

Aww Snoop Puss, I'm so sorry. I was afraid thats what was going on when I read your post in the Friday Five. Thats just so hard. Big hugs to you. I hope when your heart stops hurting so badly you will get another fuzzy as a companion, your life is just so much richer when you share it with pets.

lulu, Will? In Laws? EEK! I hope like heck you work things out QUICKLY.

lulu said:
ARGGGGGGG

IN LAWS!!!!!!!

Please, please, please my friends, however little you think you have if you do not have an up to date will have one written, or write one and register it yourself THIS WEEK. So you don't end up writing this very same vent.

I feel for you Lulu. It's been 1 1/2 years since my father died and I'm still dealing with his estate and he had a will. Its a total mess and I just grin and bear it because what good is it going to do me its out of my hands as the state has came in an made a claim on the entire estate......now I'm just a pawn and am told by the lawyer what to do, when to do it and how. Supposibly I am to be compensated for my work but I doubt it will be a fraction of what I should be given.

I will advice anyone who has a loved one that has received assistance through the state in regards to a medical card to check with the state to see exactly what will transpire when the person receiving assistance passes away. I was far warned by a friend that had to deal with the state coming in and staking claim. She advice me to have my parents put their home and assests in us childrens names but dad was too proud and I could not approach him about this. Thus in the end mom passed away and I thought we were safe because the state never staked a claim well it wasn't till about 3 months after my father passed away that the state came with their hand out.........$69,000.00 plus was their request. Granted if it wasn't for them mom wouldn't of lived as long as she did so I really cannot be angry at them for stepping up and wanting their money back. So again, if your parents or yourself has received or is receiving medical assistance through your state check into this and make the necessary steps. I know my ex has made sure that his assests are not in his name so that the state cannot come in and take what our sons are to inherit.

My m-i-l died 8 years ago last Tuesday...still rumbling on. She died intestate. Looks like my recently remarried F-i-l is keeping it all to buy a huge NYC place for him and new wife. He is offering five thousand pounds over five years to each of his children. Fair enough if they get nothing, except the property sold this week for six figure sum: and it ws my M-i-l's before her marriage to him. I am SURE she would have expected her kids to get at least a resonable percentage of her own property!

Snoop, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I recently went through something similar, I am sorry you have to go through this.

Lulu, I'm sorry for your problems. How frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom