Hubby's christmas lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Okay, I need a new camera, I know, but, you can see how crazy he's getting and he's not done yet:huh:

Attachments

• 000_1409-1.JPG
    000_1409-1.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 000_1410-1.JPG
    000_1410-1.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 000_1412-1.JPG
    000_1412-1.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 000_1414-1.JPG
    000_1414-1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 000_1416-1.JPG
    000_1416-1.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 000_1418-1.JPG
    000_1418-1.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 150
  • 000_1421-1-1.JPG
    000_1421-1-1.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 160
I can't let my hubby see this!!!! He has a dream of making our house look like Vegas!:ohmy: :rolleyes: All joking aside, it looks good & your hubby has done a great job.:)

He's not done though, that's what is scary:LOL:
He's found 2 open breaker spots on an extra breaker box in the garage for more lights:wacko:

:clap: :clap: Che belloooo!! That's beautiful TG!! You should be proud of him!! Having lived in flats most of my life this is one of those things I always wanted to do but never got around to do it.... but then again, when you think about it, it maybe make more sense to decorate inside the house not the outside, so WE can enjoy them without freezing our bums off, instead of the bypassers...:mrgreen:

Looks good, texas! PeppA wants to start putting up lights, but we haven't gotten around to it yet (I kind of hid the lights when I brought them over a month ago.

I still remember Clark Griswold covering every square inch of his house with a light. They had to bring up Reactor #2 when he turned it on.

Wonderful! It's cool!

You're very lucky. I can't get Paul to put up any at all....sigh

Texas,
I think it looks great:) I'm a white lights nut and my tree is covered with them...DH, puts lights up outside but uses the colored ones..I've tried for years to get him to hang the icicle kind but nope colored!! And now he has started adding things like lit deer, and a big rudolph soooo Merry Christmas... All kidding aside, your home looks festive and bright..We really only get the chance to decorate like this once a year, so I say go for it :LOL: Tell him great job...

kadesma:)

Texas - Hope you don't think I was slamming the lights - was just making a joke! Anyone who has the energy to put all those up should be applauded! And they do look really festive. One of my fondest memories as a little girl was bundling up in the car with Mom and Dad, and driving around looking at all the decorated houses.

It does look good. I'm a fan of simplistic country/colonial. I grew up in an 1840 house that was huge and all white with dark green shutters and attached barn. Bay windows next to the porch in the front. Candles (electric) in every window (including the barn) and the Christmas Tree front and center in the bay window up front. Big wreath on the front door illuminated by the porch light. The only thing that would have made it better would have been spot lights strategically located. The kind of scene you'd see on the front of a Christmas card; simplistic yet sophisticated, modest yet beautiful. Add snow falling and you saw a brief glimpse of perfection.

Oh, and all real pine/evergreen. No fake stuff here.

Actually, I say how crazy he is with the lights, but, I absolutely LOVE them!
I haven't cared about the inside yet. I don't know if I will, but, hubby loves doing the lights. I have to make him wait until after Thanksgiving. He would be putting them up after Halloween if I didn't.:LOL:
And no, I don't think there are waayyy too many lights at all! He keeps them all the same, all the way around the house. White icicles all around with color single strands above those. All the trim around the house is also colored strands. It's all very tasteful and everything matches. I just wanted to share the lights with ya'll. Thanks for your replys:mrgreen:

On the other end of the spectrum my dh hasn't put up one light in the 24 Christmasses we've shared! I don't do ladders so I put them up inside.

Back
Top Bottom