Favorite Summertime Treat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJK

Cook
One of my favorite summertime treats happens only for a short time in June. I pick fresh black (purple to some) raspberries, wash them, spread them generously over French vanilla ice cream, add a short squirt of Hershey's syrup and a shot of Godiva Chocolate liquer. Life is good when the raspberries are in season. Anybody else have a favorite dish they prepare and look forward to once a year?

Also I am looking for some new plants to restore the hybred vigor. My plants are twenty years old. Any suggestions for varieties, sellers or any help. I live in SC Pennsylvania so that might be a factor in where I get new plants from and what type they are.

Just typing this I am looking forward to June:rolleyes:

I love going outside and picking blackberries and then coming right home and making blackberry treats... cobblers, sauces for icecream and my favorite (and famous ) blackberry cordial.

GB said:
Picking the first tomato from my garden and eating it right there on the spot.

I'm going to have to go with GB here. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

As a little girl it was the fresh strawberries and raspberries picked from my Grandma's garden that we knew would be turned into the best triffle I've ever eaten. It was much the same for the first harvest of peaches and cherries in the Okanagan where we lived, mom would bake a pie that we'd been craving for a whole year and it was always soooo excellent.

Back
Top Bottom