Fred Astaire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
For folks that have broadband or a lot of patience, I just wanted to share two clips of the great work of Fred Astaire. I cant get over how amazing this guy is AND the women that danced with him!
29.gif

Here are the links!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsgmdJUFBU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbouHJBuXZk

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
AND the women that danced with him!

Yes! "I did all the same steps, only backwards. And in heels!"
...Ginger Rogers
That made an enjoyable break - thanks. :)

One of a kind, there will never be another one like him. I liked to hear him sing too. My favorite partner for him was Ginger. :heart:

I always marvel at his talent. Much as I will agree that Ginger had to do it all backwards and in heels, there's an ease to his movements that his partners did not quite attain, and I'm not knocking them in the least. He's just that impressive.

BC

Yes Fred was very good, He always looked good at Dancing. :cool:

JoAnn L. what part of Iowa do you come from ? I lived most of my life in Ottuwma before I moved. :cool:
Sushi how about these guys.

Attachments

• box dancer.gif
    box dancer.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 3217.gif
    3217.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 59
  • frog2.gif
    frog2.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 57
I live in Dubuque, right by the good old Mississippi River. Born and raised here. It is very warm right now, can't wait for cooler weather. :rolleyes:

My favorite dance he did was with Ginger in "Roberta" It was to the song "I'll be hard to handle" It was such a great dance and they look like they are having so much fun together. I also like the solo he does in "Follow the Fleet" I have those movies, I should dig them out and watch them. Thanks sushi

JoAnn L. said:
I live in Dubuque, right by the good old Mississippi River. Born and raised here. It is very warm right now, can't wait for cooler weather. :rolleyes:

So you can be in three states in minutes eh, I have been to Dubuque many times. You can make a cheese run in a few minutes :-p Yea there are things I miss about Iowa. But I Love it here too. In about three hours we can either be in the Mountains or at the Ocean. Charlotte North Carolina is about 45 minutes away. Monroe North Carolina is the biggest close city about 17 miles. I now live in the Giant Town of PAGELAND SOUTH CAROLINA :huh: . They are starting to grow more Corn here :ohmy:. I miss Loose Meat sandwiches (Maidrites, Canteens) and Tenderloins :pig: here, :( Can you send me one :angel:? LOL
Anyway JoAnn if you ever get to Ottumwa and want a treat, you really must go to "The Canteen" and try one (Canteen) made the way you want it, then go to Gramhams afterward for Ice Cream. You better be hungry, you will understand when you get done. Keep The HAWKEYES AND CYCLONES WINNING HUGS AND LOVE JAMES :chef:

Attachments

• Jamesinapron2_thumb.jpeg
    Jamesinapron2_thumb.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Cubsalt.gif
    Cubsalt.gif
    5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
They removed the links. Its because of copyright. :neutral: So much for enjoying the talents of talented folks. One would think it would increase rentals of the people in the clips. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom