What's going on this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Ho hum. Another day stuck at home. dh hasn't been riding his motorcycle to work because the roads are slick, so I had him take the car this morning. Stranded, until he gets home tomorrow morning. I might bake something today.

We've got a friend visiting from out of town this weekend. I'm sure we'll be busy doing that kind of stuff.

We'll be taking Aidan down to the YMCA, where they have a nice kid's pool and Aidan is gonna go rock climbing on the climbing wall. I think it's a little confusing for him, he gets scared of falling but doesn't quite get that he's tied into a rope that won't let him fall. Both of the kids will get in the pool with dad, possibly me too. I gotta get a new suit, all I have is a pre Callum suit that shows my belly. My post Callum belly leaves something to be desired. :LOL: I'd love to try the rock climbing but with both kids, it could be too difficult. We'll see.

We usually go out to eat when this friend visits. I have class on Saturday. Other than that, I don't know what else is on the agenda. I'm sure I'll post more later.

How about everyone else? Big plans for the weekend? Shopping? Decorating a Christmas tree? Staying home and relaxing with a book by the fire, with a cup of tea(doesn't that sound nice!)?
:) :) :)

Nuttin', honey. Probably organize the gifts that have to be shipped since all 5 of our children live far, far away. Otherwise pretty quiet around here. Supposed to be cold as xxxx, so that cup of tea sounds especially nice.

James will be home Friday night--Yay! Most of the time will be spent on lesson plans and other work related stuff, but I'm sure James and I will figure out something to do before he leaves again!

:) Barbara

Flying up to Lake Tahoe for a ski trip!!!!

Just bought some new boots at a local expo ($89) to replace my old boots
(bought for $15 in a church basement 4 years ago) and I'm really excited
to break them in! Whoo Hooooo!!!

Christmas prep - tree, cards, gifts, etc.

Need to replace the toilet in the guest bathroom before MIL/SIL arrive for the holidays.

Sign the family up for membership at the local gym/pool complex.

Pay bills (see second item above).

I'd rather be in The Z's shoes...er, boots.

Time for us to get the tree this weekend, and then decorate then next day. I've got most of my cards ready to go, but have a few more to write. Not sure what else, but hanging by the fireplace with a cup of tea sure does sound nice!

I'll be a hunting widow again this weekend, although DH will be coming home at night this time. It's going to be really cold than a well-digger's butt Friday morning, probably in the lower teens, but he bundles up, and has a protable blind to protect him from the wind. Kim's worked out in the cold weather all his grown life, and knows how to dress for it.
I'll be staying in, and will probably make a pot of soup of some kind, so he'll have something warm to put in his belly once he gets home.

Last edited:
The Z said:
Flying up to Lake Tahoe for a ski trip!!!!

Just bought some new boots at a local expo ($89) to replace my old boots
(bought for $15 in a church basement 4 years ago) and I'm really excited
to break them in! Whoo Hooooo!!!

Bring your cold weather gear. It has been in the single digits here lately, but might warm up due to the weekend storm. It is supposed to start snowing this weekend starting on Friday. Hopefully, this weekend I won't spend it all shoveling snow.

This weekend I am writing out my Christmas cards. On Friday, I am going over to see my parents new fifth wheel travel trailer. I hope to start on some of the Christmas baking.

corazon90 said:
How about everyone else? Big plans for the weekend? Shopping? Decorating a Christmas tree? Staying home and relaxing with a book by the fire, with a cup of tea(doesn't that sound nice!)?
:) :) :)

Well Cora, as you know our Dad is coming out this weekend. I do have to work in the morning on Saturday but afterwards, we'll probably do a little Christmas shopping in Manhattan. In the evening, we're going to see Pina Baush perform.
Then a Brooklyn day on Sunday, (my favorite day!). My fiance, Dad and I will probably eat brunch somewhere in the neighborhood and then maybe a little more Cristmas shopping.
On Sunday night, our friend who's going to the French Culinary Institute has invited us over for dinner. I'm really looking forward to that. There's always good food at his house.

Back
Top Bottom