Chicken, Feta, & Broccoli Rabe on Toast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
While the ingredients may sound odd, I adapted & tried this recipe last night & it was a big hit!!! I'm a big broccoli rabe fan, & am always looking for new ways to enjoy it. This one I'll definitely be making again. It was super-fast, super-easy, easy to increase for multiple servings, & absolutely delicious (so long as you like garlic & broccoli rabe)! Had to share. :chef:

Chicken, Feta, & Broccoli Rabe on Toast
(adapted from Eating Well magazine)
Serves 2

4 slices of frozen "Texas toast", toasted
Approx. 12 cloves roughly chopped garlic
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound chicken tenders, cut crosswise into 1" pieces
1 bunch broccoli rabe, heavy stems removed & discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces
Approx. 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Heat a couple of dollops of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through & no longer pink in the middle. Remove to a bowl & set aside.

Add a little more oil to the pan, add broccoli rabe, & cook, stirring often, until bright green and just wilted. Add chopped garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not brown, about a minute or so. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, salt, peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are beginning to break down, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken and any juices in the bowl back to the pan, add feta cheese and stir to combine. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.

Place 2 slices of toast on each plate, spoon chicken mixture atop toast, & serve.

That Does sound good, Breezy! Copied & saved for the next time I do my food shopping/list. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom