Cupcakes and icing HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canuck

Assistant Cook
I need:
chocolate cupcakes recipes,
carrot cake cupcake recipes,
white icing recipes,
chocolate icing recipes
&
cream cheese icing recipes (I would also love to dye the cream cheese green). :-p

I have never made cupcakes before :ermm:and I would love your advise and recipes.

Thank You!
:)

P.S.(I am over at my friend's house now that suggested this site to me. She says that you rarely get recipes here - please prove her wrong.);)

recipes

redkitty said:
You can check out the recipe section for cupcakes,
Redkitty - isn't this the recipe section? It says "specific chat and recipes" above where I posted this.

Any recipes
&/or
links to cupcakes &/or icing recipes
would be great.

Thanks

:) Who are making cupcakes for adults or kids?Next do you want to make all this from scratch or use cake mixes,mixes are faster and much cheaper to make.How many do you want to make.

Canuck said:
Redkitty - isn't this the recipe section? It says "specific chat and recipes" above where I posted this.

Any recipes
&/or
links to cupcakes &/or icing recipes
would be great.

Thanks

There are 43 pages here you can be looking through for cupcake recipes. Thats what I was saying, not to mention the links people have already posted here for you.

Hi Canuck, on the blue bar across the top of the site there is a Search Function. Click on that, go to Advanced and type in cupcake and the particular type you want to search for. (Chocolate, carrot etc) I recommend you limit your search to just the Dessert Forum as well.

There are just so many recipes for those particular items I can't pick out just one for you. Good luck on your search.

OMG, Mish, that's such an awesome site! Thanks for sharing it. Someday when I ahve more time, I'll be trying some of those recipes and techniques!

Canuck, like Alix said, there are a lot of the recipes you're looking for in our forums. Most likely you'll find them as cakes. Any cake recipe's cooking time can be adjusted to make cupcakes.

If you find some recipes you're interested in and have questions, let us know. We're happy to help!:chef:

:) I love the idea of making different flavored cup cakes and different toppings and then put them on a cup cake tree ot stack a couple or three cake stands to display them.I seen articles where at some weddings they just do an elaborate cup cake tree with all kinds of combinations perfect for the bride who cant decide on flavors of cake.They can be very pretty especially if you are a good decorator and using fresh flowers and so on.

PA Baker said:
OMG, Mish, that's such an awesome site! Thanks for sharing it. Someday when I ahve more time, I'll be trying some of those recipes and techniques!

So many creative ideas there. This past weekend I watched Food Network - a segment called Cupcakes Unwrapped. If it airs again, it's worth viewing. One of the featured cupcake shops was Sprinkles, & many others. I clicked around over there to share the link, but got caught up in some interesting cupcake recipes (I saved). I will try to post the links. Some that caught my eye:

Hot chocolate cupcakes - the cupcakes are baked in coffee cups with whipped cream on top.

Strawberry cupcake - A cone shape is hollowed out, and a strawberry is stuffed inside.

Cupcake Bouquet - from Sandra Lee - thought this would make a unique treat for an open house.

Well, I'm cupcake inspired lol. What fun it would be to open a unique cupcake shop. Wanna go into biz together, PA, lol.

There was a Boston Cream Pie cupcake -- have to go backtrack & find that one again.

P.S. I've seen the tiered bride cupcake display - very pretty - and, if you don't have the tiered plate, you can make them with cans & platters.

Last edited:
Canuck, you don't give an indication where you are. U.S., Canada, etc., but the April/May issue of Taste of Home magazine has just hit the newsstands and features cupcakes.

The feature article is called "Crazy for Cupcakes." The photos are wonderful and the recipes sound delicious: Lemon Curd Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes, Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes, Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes, just to name a few. You could probably get a bunch of ideas if you want to pick up a copy.

Back
Top Bottom