Has anyone ever made or heard of this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
I saw tonight, what I thought was the most repulsive and gross thing that you could ever imagine.:wacko:

I was watching Emeril Live just now, and he was making some BLUE CHEESE ice cream!! He used gorgonzola for the blue cheese.

Has anyone ever tried this or has even had the courage to make some of it?:ermm:

I don't think I'd want to try it at all!!:sick:

Last edited:
I know that pregnant women eat pickles and ice cream and that ice cream goes with cake and I've heard of blue cheese dressing, but this, my God!!

What in the Sam Hill was he thinking?! Who is crazy enough to eat that stuff?
Obviously, there are some who would.

And yes you're right! I'd have to be drunk to try that myself as well!!

Last edited:
Well, sweet, sour and salty, are all unique qualities that can work together, but as for Ice Cream, I dunno...

I LOVE Avocado ice cream, and beets make a very good sorbet when paired with chocolate.

yes maybe but...

If you ever watched iron chef ive seen grosser things. Id much rather eat this than fish ice cream :sick::sick:.

Ncage

ncage1974 said:
If you ever watched iron chef ive seen grosser things. Id much rather eat this than fish ice cream :sick::sick:.

Ncage

Yeah, I saw that being made also, on that show.
No, I don't think I'd like that either!:sick: :sick:

Just give me the flavors of ice cream that I've eaten as a child and all my life.

Last edited:
The first thought that came to my mind was figs and either a lavender honey or a balsamic glaze. Pears also come to mind. I've made a blue cheese cheesecake - it was yummy.

I may have to make that one of these days - it sounds awfully good!

Hey, don't knock it till ya tried it... that is my motto!!! Who knows, it may be the best ice cream you have ever eaten!!! I do admit that it sounds strange. But I would definately try it.

:) I have been told by some people tha vanilla ice cream and a little fresh basil is really good.I would try that one.

I think if it's thought of it as a savory rather than a sweet flavor--like a blue cheese cheesecake is more of an appy than a dessert--it might sound more appealing. I'm not a huge blue cheese fan at all, but when pared with rest of that recipe, it sounds intriguing!

it all depends on how much you like blue cheese/gorgonzola/roquefort
i love it
and yea ice cream i can deal with
i make alot of usual things at the restaurant
esp fruit soups
it's a fine line how you season these things

Harborwitch said:
The first thought that came to my mind was figs and either a lavender honey or a balsamic glaze. Pears also come to mind. I've made a blue cheese cheesecake - it was yummy.

I may have to make that one of these days - it sounds awfully good!
I agree, Sharon... I think it would be a good pair with my Fig Newton Tart. A l'il different. :)

i've had ice cream with cherry cheesecake mixed into it; it wouldn't be much different to have ricotta mixed in instead. maybe it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have gorgonzola instead? a guy i worked with who was the garde manger guy in a fancy kitchen told me that he learned that "if it grows together it goes together". since ice cream & cheese come from the same place maybe it could work. :question: i'm sure it would be better than the cod roe ice cream that i saw on iron chef once. i don't think i'd even try that. (the judges said it was inedible btw)

Back
Top Bottom