ISO Recipes for dried SOY BEANS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeasor

Assistant Cook
I am looking for tasty ways to fix dried soy beans, in side dishes, in casseroles and especially as a big ol' pot of beans. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I've never cooked with soybeans but hopefully someone who has will be along shortly with some recipes. Have you done a search for recipes?

:) Barbara

I used to eat a lot of soybeans - usually I'd use the white soybeans just like dry white beans - soak, cook, eat. They do make a pretty good ham & bean soup. The black soybeans would go into chili and "black bean soup".

They take a bit longer to cook, and do need more seasoning, but other than that they're pretty good. We liked them a lot, but now I'm avoiding soy products because of health issues - now my dried soybeans are used to blind bake pies.

I've got the majority of the same 25 pound bag of soy beans for, well, I don't know how many years. I canned a bunch of quarts of them, but do not like the taste of them.

Blind bake pies, good use....

bethzaring said:
I've got the majority of the same 25 pound bag of soy beans for, well, I don't know how many years. I canned a bunch of quarts of them, but do not like the taste of them...

Send them to me, I need some to practice with:chef: I'll send you something different for a doorstop. How 'bout several pounds of very old chocolate flavored protein powder drink mix WITH its own scoop?:LOL:

gat a handfull of the beans and wash them well, put them in a jar with a little water and a peice of cloth on top as a cover, wash them daily (twice daily is best) and when the sprout out to a good length, you can put them in a salad or even a stirfry :)

Back
Top Bottom