Hey there!! My name is Ben. Hello! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr._Steak

Senior Cook
Sitting here with a cold one checking out this site..A friend told me he got an awesome wings grilling tip from here..Almost couldn't register because it took me 5 times to get the secret code right!! doh!!

Ya'll seem to be a great group of people - how did this board come together? I'll probably need a few days?? to figure out how things work around here. Bear with me, please..

welcome Ben - with a name like "Mr Steak" - lets have a steak recipe!
This is a great site, lots of good recipes, advice and good people. welcome!

Mr._Steak said:
Almost couldn't register because it took me 5 times to get the secret code right!! doh!!

We only accept the smart ones here :mrgreen: I guess you passed! :chef:

The curious want to know - what was the awesome wing grilling tip? Enjoy the site - glad to have you with us.

I would say Welcome Aboard but...............you'll just have to figure out why I can't. :rolleyes:

For Toots, basically my secret to a great steak comes my ancestral line of CroMagnon hunter/gatherers. :) :). No, seriously the first tip is buying choice grade angus steaks, or prime angus for special occasions. Second is taking the meat out of the frig (or off the ice when tailgating) and letting it sit out covered for the 25 minutes or so it takes to heat up the coals with a chimney and newpaper for starter --no lighter fluid!! Third is to oil the grill rack and s&p the meat. Fourth is keeping the grill lid closed and turning the steak only once with tongs instead of a fork . Last is grilling each steak the way each person prefers it even it they like it well done. :( :(

For Katie E. and KitchenElf, the wings I remember had a sweet/hot garlic sauce, I can get back to you on that if you'd like. I remember he tweaked the instructions.
KitchenElf, I haven't figured it out yet!!! I'll have to ask my welcome guide!!

See you all later.

Hey there Ben... welcome to DC, I'm sure you will like it here and the peeps are great!

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone
And you, my friend, will see
You've got a friend in me

welcome, ya steak lovin rat bastid! :)

Sattie, there's a zesty beer tip in the beverage forum for ya!! :) Andy thanks for the welcome! Buckytom, I'm hoping I'll be able to spend more time here once the weather outside isn't so darn nice!! This board is so huge I haven't found the tailgatin' forum yet!!

See y'all later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom