Sweet Caroline.....da da da

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
So I'm pretty sure I'll still be watching NESN in October. The 07 team has been outstanding and the Eric Gagne pick up was over the top.

Can't ask for much more.

Jeekinz said:
So I'm pretty sure I'll still be watching NESN in October. The 07 team has been outstanding and the Eric Gagne pick up was over the top.

Can't ask for much more.

Timely hitting wouldn't hurt any.

lol. gettin' pretty c@cky now, aren't we?

it's august 1st. tell me again on october 1.

sheesh, ya win one every 86 years or so, and it goes to your heads.

thank you for jinxing your team, jeekinx. :)

buckytom said:
lol. gettin' pretty c@cky now, aren't we?

it's august 1st. tell me again on october 1.

sheesh, ya win one every 86 years or so, and it goes to your heads.

Yankee fans just cannot accept that their team's glory is in the past. They cling to bizarre ideas to keep their hopes alive, such as, "It's August 1st, tell me again on October 1."

BT, leave the Dark Side behind and join the future of baseball.

buckytom said:

You noticed I haven't changed my sig, huh?:rolleyes:
No new hat either. In fact, I had to wash it because my family was getting on my case.:LOL:

Yes, our at bats have not been up to par. I can't believe how good our bull pen is though. Prior years I would get sick to my stomach when the starter came out of the game.

Bucky,

So Cashman is banking on a rookie reliever to finish the season? I don't understand why they got rid of a pitcher in an already abused BP.

yeah, it takes some 'splainin', which the yankee t.v. announcers keep hammering into our heads.

they had to pay farnsworth a huge amount no matter what, and he can throw 98mph, yada yada, so they might as well let him work out his problems here rather than watch him do well on another team with yankee money in his pocket...
and in order to get someone for this season, they'd have to deal away a few of their up and coming prodigies...

then there's the kid chamberlain, who can throw 100, so they're betting on a coupla long shots.

it's getting boring listen to them spew the team b.s. every day. just win damm!t. that's what we do!

it's another case that if they win, cashman and torre are geniuses. but if they lose, what were they thinking.

lol, andy. another one that thinks that all games since '04 don't really count.
i'm curious about which glory years you're talking about? the 20's and 30's, the 50's, 70's, or the 90's? :mrgreen:

ok, you're right. we should lay down and quit now. NOT!

I haven't seen Chamberlain's stuff, but the MFY fans at work say he's real good. The real test, as we all know, is being able to handle the Bronx.

Farns, to me, needs some new surroundings. He's built like a 'brick......house' and can hit 102. But it's flat and he's just not going after batters.

I see the Yankess game score and see they scored 16 runs vs. Kansas City! Amazing, I think, then I see that KC has scored 8 runs on the Yankees! Their pitching staff gave up 8 runs to one of the worst teams in MLB.

it does make things interesting! :( :glare: :mellow: :ohmy: :sleep:

i haven't followed a season this closely in a decade or more.

k.c.'s pitching staff had the best era in baseball since the all-star break, before the yanks took them apart. twice now.

btw, HAH! i managed to turn this into a yankee thread. :angel:

buckytom said:
btw, HAH! i managed to turn this into a yankee thread. :angel:

Ummm, I think it's because there's more drama in the Bronx.

Face it, the Red sox have taken the Pennant.:rolleyes: :LOL: :)

Jeekinz, you DO realize that the lead we have over the YS is a measly 7 games?

Maybe if it was 27, I could relax.

Lee

Lee,

7 games is alot for a team to catch up to. The Yankees have no bullpen and their starting pitching is questionable. You can't compare 06's injuries with this year. Boston would need a significant blow by way of injuries not to take the Pennant.

Ok; The Tigers have been in a slump. But it can't last forever. You can't count them out of their pennant bid either. The Tigers rule the Al. And they do have tallented pitchers, and hitters, and fielders. Seems like a good combination to me.;)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Jeekinz said:
Lee,

7 games is alot for a team to catch up to. The Yankees have no bullpen and their starting pitching is questionable. You can't compare 06's injuries with this year. Boston would need a significant blow by way of injuries not to take the Pennant.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Jeekinz, you lime-headed cat, you! You are going to jinx-inz us!

Lee

too late. :D

the guy doesn't know about how important our superstitions are to our teams winning, qsis. (as i sit on the winning side of my couch watching a game, jersey and cap on, ready to be turned inside out and backwards into rally apparel when necessary.)

Last edited:
buckytom said:
too late. :D

the guy doesn't know about how important our superstitions are to our teams winning, qsis. (as i sit on the winning side of my couch watching a game, jersey and cap on, ready to be turned inside out and backwards into rally apparel when necessary.)

I do the same thing. It DOES make a difference! ;)

Getting verrrrrrrrrrry scary now!

Lee

OMG.

Bucky, if the MFY can get through August with a winning record, I may get a tad nervous.

"You can't win 'em all." :-p

Lee, you need to toughen up. We have the best pitching in all of baseball. Pitching is what wins. We'll see if the MFY can score 10+ with real pitching on the mound this month.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....superstitions.:dry:

Varitek%20punch%20Arod.bmp

Back
Top Bottom