Waffle Sandwiches Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanaquil

Assistant Cook
I love waffles, they are so versatile! Instead of bread, sometimes I use a waffle to make a sandwich. Here is one of my 'sandwich waffle creations' :chef: I submitted this to another recipe site, but they didn't accept it, so it has never been published:
Carrot Cake Waffle Sandwiches

1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 small box of raisins (or about 1/4 cup)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
1 egg
3 medium-sized carrots, boiled and pureed (method follows)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
Icing:
1 pkg. 3 oz Cream Cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon butter pecan syrup
2 tablespoons white sugar
DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat a waffle iron to manufactor's suggestions. Grease waffle iron with non-stick spray.
  2. Peel and slice carrots, place in a med. sized pot. Add enough water to cover. Add 1/8 tsp. of salt to the water. Boil on high for about 10 min., or until fork pierces carrot slices and they are soft. Drain water from carrots, and using a blender or magic bullet, puree carrots. Add 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar to pureed carrots. If carrots are getting stuck in blender process, add a tiny bit of water to them. Blend until spices, sugar, and carrots are mixed together. Set aside.
  3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon. Mix well. Add egg to mix. Add pureed carrot mixture. Add just enough milk to mix to make a waffle-like batter consistency (I start with 1/2 a cup and then add more if batter is too thick). Mix well. Fold in the raisins. Pour by 1/4 cup fulls into heated waffle iron.
  4. While the waffle is cooking, use a mixer to blend together the cream cheese, syrup, sugar, and sour cream.
  5. When the waffle is finished, let cool a bit, and then add cream cheese mix to half the waffle. Fold other half of waffle over to make a sandwich. Enjoy!

I've never tried sandwiches with waffles before. We used to make peanut butter and jam sandwiches from left-over pancakes. This looks interesting! I love pretty much anything involving either waffles or cream cheese. :cool:

:) Barbara

the standard dessert on the boardwalks of the jersey shore is waffles and ice cream.

it's a slice of neopolitan ice cream (van., choc., strawberry) between 2 hot pancakes. i can't describe how good it is! :pig:

I don't measure when I cook and create something, so if you find a measurement off a little and something works better for you, by all means change it! I also make a mean spinach waffle :chef: ! Might post that in a little while...

Thanks for responding!

TATTRAT said:
I LOVE fried chicken and waffles.

Fried chicken and waffles? That sounds really interesting! I have a good fried chicken recipe I created myself but it is published on All Recipes, so I don't know if it is copyrighted or not.

TATTRAT said:
Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed!

That sounds really good! I will have to try that! I love the smell of yeast waffles, smells like baking bread (with an 1/8 of the work!)

Yum...yeast waffles and fried chicken...I think I will have to put that on the menu...

I remember way back when, seeing Gladys Knight, sans Pips, on Emeril Live! bragging about her chicken and waffles, which are available at her Atlanta restaurant.

TATTRAT said:
Just so you don't think I have completley lost it.

Fried Chicken and waffles

there are 2 types, I like the actual fried chicken with a and a big waffle, little bit of greens on the side.

I have never heard of this, and I have lived in the south all my life...learn something new everyday! :) I will have to try this combo :) seeing how I like Both chicken & waffles!

I just bought a waffle iron. I went on a website to see what else you could cook on it. Was I suprised, other than just pancakes, they use them to make hash browns, cookies, fry bacon, cook brownies, french toast and toasted cheese sandwiches. I made the hashbrowns the morning and they turned out pretty good.

I saw potato chips (Lays brand, I think) that were chicken and waffle flavored. No, I didn't buy any, so I can't tell you if they were good or not. I had never seen that before. I was at Walmart if anyone wants to give them a try. :rolleyes:

I saw those too. Didn't buy them. I have seen chicken and waffles on "southern style" menus. Also gone untasted. Fried chicken or chix wings on top of a waffle. Gravy, honey, or syrup. I think keeping them separtate entities is more my style, even if served together. Buuuut who knows what I am missing out on.

Last edited:
Sounds good OP, I'm always OK with anything that has cream cheese. I loooooove waffle sandwiches. Came up with the idea one day when I was in my kitchen and had maaaad munchies and not much in the way of ingredients, which is pretty standard. Got a Boca Burger from the back of the freezer, an egg, a slice of cheese and sandwiched it between two Eggo's I toasted, drizzled with a bit of honey. Since then I've been a waffle-sandwich-eatin' SOB. Good stuff.

Last edited:
I think with the OP's recipe, one could just finely grate rather than puree the carrots, giving more texture. Mmm cream cheese filling, lots of possibilites.

the standard dessert on the boardwalks of the jersey shore is waffles and ice cream.

it's a slice of neopolitan ice cream (van., choc., strawberry) between 2 hot pancakes. i can't describe how good it is! :pig:

My family has always called that vanchocstraw. :angel:

We get savoury waffles and pancakes at most restaurants in SA. It's pretty popular here.

My favourite is the breakfast waffle with fried eggs, bacon, cheese, mushrooms and spinach :)

Back
Top Bottom