Cheesecake Brownie Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuckyDuck

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know how to make a brownie cheesecake with the brownie on the bottom and the cheesecake on the top? I've tried but can never get it right. One always gets under or overcooked.

It sounds like you have a recipe already so perhaps you could post it and we can troubleshoot it?

I don't have a recipe, but I think you need a recipe where the cheesecake just needs to be put in the fridge - not baked. That way you can bake your brownie and top with cheesecake mix. Just guessing!!

I make a brownie with cheesecake filling.
-Make your favorite brownie recipe according to directions. Put aside.
-In a bowl mix together 8 oz. of cream cheese, 1 t. vanilla, 1 egg (opt.), 1/3 c. sugar.
-Prepare baking pan according to brownie instructions. Add 1/2 brownie batter, then the cheesecake batter, then the rest of the brownie batter in dollops.
-Take a knife and run through lengthwise and widthwise creating a marbling effect.
-May sprinkle choc. chips on top before putting in oven.
-Bake according to brownie directions. Is done when knife inserted in center comes out clean.
-Cool, cut in squares, and enjoy.

I think baking the cheesecake on top of the already baked brownie will work just fine. I make a cheesecake on top of a banana bread crust, and it doesn't hurt the banana bread a bit to be baked again with the cheesecake batter.

2 things- I think you'll need to bake both uncooked batters at the same time, and I definitely think you should use a water bath. If you have a recipe, please post it so we can troubleshoot it.

2 things- I think you'll need to bake both uncooked batters at the same time, and I definitely think you should use a water bath. If you have a recipe, please post it so we can troubleshoot it.

My cheesecake recipe does call for a water bath, and I do the Banana Bread Cheesecake that way. :)

I have made similar brownies buy baking the bottom layer for 20 minutes then refrigerate it. Once cooled it will firm up and you can pour the second layer on and back till done

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom