Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What are you making for Elvis' birthday? Tuesday Jan 8, 07 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-are-you-making-for-elvis-birthday-tuesday-jan-8-07-a-41811.html)

LEFSElover 01-08-2008 09:49 AM

What are you making for Elvis' birthday? Tuesday Jan 8, 07

hi all.
my doll just walked out the door for work [late:huh:] and I asked him what he wanted.
I love it when he has an answer like this morning.
1. scalloped pototes with ham and cheese running through
2. steamed fresh green beans with butter/garlic/evoo/sage/s&p
3. simple quacamole and procuitto romaine lettuce wraps
4. Myer lemon mousse, from mom's Myer tree in her yard, with fresh vanilla whipped cream

Happy Birthday Elvis:heart:my memories of you live on...

sage™ 01-08-2008 10:05 AM

never was a big Elvis fan..probably like him more now than when I was young.. I'm going to try Chef Tom's crockpot Beef Stroganoff .lol..if i get out of here on time to the store.

edit..didn't make it in time..so I'm gonna try Ol-Blue's pork loin with mushroom soup and onion soup :wink:

kitchenelf 01-08-2008 10:13 AM

Happy Birthday Elvis!

I'm going to have to do some thinking on this one. I might do my version of chicken marsala or I might just do cheese and tomato panini with some cream of tomato soup. I have a lot of time to think about it since I don't get off work until 3:00. I have to run a couple errands after work but surely there's a dozen grocery stores along the way. :chef:

jabbur 01-08-2008 10:20 AM

How about some fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches? Or meatloaf with mashed taters and gravy? Or any good ol' southern cooking? Here we'll just have burgers per college son's request. Trying to get all his homecooked faves in before he goes back this weekend.

pdswife 01-08-2008 11:12 AM

Bean soup and garlic toast.

suziquzie 01-08-2008 11:43 AM

Beef Stroganoff from Sunday's roast beef.
Never made it wth beef before, just hamburber. Should be good!

LEFSElover 01-08-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabbur (Post 531402)
How about some fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches? Or meatloaf with mashed taters and gravy? Or any good ol' southern cooking? Here we'll just have burgers per college son's request. Trying to get all his homecooked faves in before he goes back this weekend.

are you gonna do fries too? sounds wonderful, love a good burger...
had one of those pb&b's in Memphis a couple of months ago when my husband took me to the King's house there. of course I couldn't resist and didn't.:mellow:

LPBeier 01-08-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabbur (Post 531402)
How about some fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches?

Elvis' birthday? Oh, that's one I forgot to put on my calendar LOL! Jabbur, I was watching the Food Network Challenge on Sunday and they were in Memphis (now I know why) and it was a sandwich competition. One guy made this absolutely decadent "Elvis" sandwich using banana bread, peanut butter, carmelized bananas and grilled it. I can't remember if he used an egg batter or not but it was delish looking.

As for me, since I didn't remember the occasion I am just making beef dips with homemade au jus from a small roast I found in the freezer. DH isn't home so it's just me and the boarders. One hates salad so I will just slice cucumbers and tomato but for the other and I it will be a Caesar salad.

Flourgirl 01-08-2008 02:01 PM

We're having yellow for dinner...fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, and corn on the cobb. (I'm sure Elvis liked macaroni & cheese)

Michelemarie 01-08-2008 02:14 PM

I like that idea - yellow dinner. Tonight will be leftover chinese or anything else anyone can fix by themselves. My son is sick AGAIN (reoccuring fevers) and this time it is a doozy! We will be going to doc and then I don't know where or what - dinner is the last thing on my list-it might just be a liquid dinner for me tonight.