New toys/tools!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I got some items I ordered in. Nothing like UPS showing up to brighten an otherwise nasty day (between, the bitter cold and the 50 MPH winds and the flat tire....)

I've been using the same spatulas forever. And the skinny one gets used regularly every time I bake bread in my machine. I use it to keep the dough out of the corners as it's kneading. The other day as I was picking dough off of it I noticed I was picking pieces of the rubber off of it as well:ohmy: Time for a new one. I saw this set on QVC a while back. Silicon and dishwasher safe :)

I ordered some measuring stuff, too. Again, replacing some pretty old stuff. I really didn't need new cups, but I use the one cup measurer to measure out my dogs' food, so its home is downstairs where I keep the dog food. Baking bread every week it got to be a real pain measuring out 8 half cups of flour :wacko: So why not?
On the other hand, the spoons I did need. I needed them because I never unhook the set I have from one another on the ringy thing, so they were pretty clunky to use :LOL: This set stays together for storage because they're magnetic. So are the cups btw. And dishwasher safe! I love getting new things :)

I'd have a picture of the breadbox also, but it was a real piece of junk. It was a Polders Deluxe with cutting board. It went back today. It does not get my recommendation.

I'm still waiting for my big toy though, GB ;)

Attachments

• kitchen tools.jpg
    kitchen tools.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 251
I'm expecting the UPS guy tomorrow! Thanks to Buck, I'm getting an early birthday gift.

Good looking set! Spatulas are one of my favorite kitchen tools, they seem to be useful for everything, but I usually always end up menacing my mooching dog with them making irrational threats like folding her into the batter.

Silicone is some pretty amazing stuff for cooking tools. I sometimes get the feeling of dread that one day we're going to look back and say, "Silicone? What were we thinking? That was the asbestos of the 21st Century!"

I love my silicone spatulas! My wooden spoons are still the first things I reach for ... but the silicone is starting to get used more ... especially for things in my nonstick skillet.

Last edited:
I need new wooden spoons, they are worn down to matchsticks!:(

I like that those are magnetic, having them on rings does get a little annoying sometimes. :glare:

I take everything off rings the second it gets in my door. I HATE those things!

Nice stuff! I miss the UPS man he used to drop by more often. Guess I should get clicking!

Sometimes online ordering is far too convenient :rolleyes:
I got my box From Omaha yesterday, too. The free knives were worth every penny :LOL: Too bad I'm such a pack rat because I know I'll never throw them away, nor do I have a place to keep they yet either. Quite the dilemma. I've got a knife block on the counter I rarely use, a knife block on the windowsill with 1000 Ron Popeil knives knives in it... I use about three of them plus the steak knives, another knife board hanging on the side of one of my cabinets that I use when I don't want a real sharp knife :huh: Now these junky things. I hate to put them in the drawer with all my "miscellaneous" knives :LOL: I used the little cutting board last night for making a salad. I really need to get some more cutting boards and have them designated for red meat, poultry.....
I feel another online order coming up ;)

pacanis,
Your new set looks terrific...I like wooden spoons (olive wood are great), but I recognize that silicone is great to cleaning pans after making sauce.
Oh, and relative to being a pack rat... I used to be just like that until I decided to get rid of something every time I bring something new to the house. This applies to clothing, tools, cookware, you name it. That makes me think twice before buying/ordering anything.

Thanks.
I have wooden spoons. I don't grab them often. I don't know why, they just never really appealed to me. Maybe for mixing mac and cheese, or making stew or chili, which I don't do often enough. One of them should be tossed, too. The handle has quite the warp in it, but it still "works" so I keep it :wacko:

I have a couple of handfuls of wooden utensils. I mostly buy them on a whim, generally from the local Krogers, who has racks of gadgets at 10 for $10. When they wear out or break, I throw them away. Lately, I have acquired a few silicone items, and like them, especially basting brushes. They are easy to clean and don't rust. Found a silicone 3" scraper with one round corner, which is really good for cleaning the tin interiors of my copperware. I too am following the practice of ridding myself of at least one thing if I get something new.

Back
Top Bottom