Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Lily Lily Queen of cats.... (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/lily-lily-queen-of-cats-43657.html)

pdswife 02-27-2008 07:49 PM

Lily Lily Queen of cats....

We came home from Mexico
Monday night at 11:30 and I thought
that Lily looked funny climbing the stairs but didn't think too
much about it. Tuesday I noticed her eyes looked different. By Tuesday night we realized that the poor baby ( 13 years old) couldn't see a thing. Every time she walks she runs into a wall or piece of furniture. I just got home from the vet... Both of her retinas have detached. Doc took a lot of blood and will run tests. He thinks though that it's her thyroid or her kidneys. He said that while the thyroid is a treatable problem she'll never get her sight back. He said he'd explain the kidney problem after he knew for sure.

I've had that cat since she was 8 weeks old,
We're all so sad and worried.

I know she's just a cat but... she's given so much love to Paul, David and I.
She's part of our family and we love her more than we thought possible.

Please, give her an extra thought tonight.

Thank you.

Fisher's Mom 02-27-2008 07:53 PM

Awwww, poor Lily. I'm so sorry about your kitty. It just breaks your heart, doesn't it. I'll be thinking about ya'll and Queen Lily.

Katie H 02-27-2008 07:55 PM

Oh, Trish. Buck and I are aching for you. No, she's not JUST a cat, she's a valuable, loved member of your family. I don't know what we would do without our furry children. They give us so much unconditional love.

Give Lily a big hug and kiss for us. We'll be sure to put her in our prayers. Our pets deserve prayers just like people.

Barbara L 02-27-2008 08:01 PM

Oh Trish, I am so sorry. I agree with Katie--there is no such thing as just a cat. I am praying for Lily Lily Queen of Cats. I know she has always been such a treasured member of your family.

Barbara

Callisto in NC 02-27-2008 08:02 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is. I'll give her an extra thought tonight, I promise.

texasgirl 02-27-2008 08:03 PM

Just a cat?? No, she is not just a cat, Trish, she is your family. I'm so sorry. My prayers are with The Queen too!!

pacanis 02-27-2008 08:08 PM

Wow. That's terrible.
I didn't even know that could happen. I thought you were going to say she had a mild stroke (something I think my cat had).
I hope things work out for the best.

QSis 02-27-2008 08:10 PM

She's the QUEEN OF CATS!!!!

I hope she is not in pain. We know you will take good care of her!

Lee

jpmcgrew 02-27-2008 08:23 PM

:sad: I'm so sorry for you I've added this link scroll down to blindness I'm hoping you can get some good information there.
Tally's Cat Care, Behavior, Health & Illness Links - A~B

LadyCook61 02-27-2008 08:32 PM

awww poor cat. She is more than just a cat, she is member of your family. I know how you feel, I've had 11 cats over the years, down to 3 now, the others have passed on. I've always considered the cats my furbabies and when something happens to them , I get upset and worried too.
Please know you are among others who love their furbabies .
hugs,
Diane