How many appliances do you have on your counter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I keep the most used ones out on the counter: Food processor, KitchenAid stand mixer, 2 Coffee makers, coffee grinder, Blender, Electric food grinder and electric can opener.
We have 2 coffee makers because hubby and I don't drink the same coffee. He has his Chock full o nuts preground and I like my whole bean Gevalia. :)

I only have the water cooler on the bench top in terms of appliances. The phone, kitchen towel holder and a tray with the can opener and gas lighter etc in it are also there but that's it. Between my two benches, I probably only have about three feet or less of space so I can't afford to leave things out.

My coffeemaker and blender sit on the counter all the time.
My electric kettle is on the counter 98% of the time; it's used so often that I don't always tuck it away in the cupboard.

I have my new food processor, KA stand mixer and a toaster on the counters. The microwave is on a separate trolley table and the coffee maker and coffee grinder are on another separate trolley. Other appliances like breadmakers, rice cooker, slow cookers, deep fryer, toaster oven, roaster, blender etc. are on open shelves all around the kitchen. I like being able to see and reach them instantly.

Microwave is mounted above the oven, so that don't count right? I have a toaster and my FoodSaver, everything else is stored neatly away.

The counters have a toaster, coffee maker, KA stand mixer, KA blender and KA food processor on them. Less used appliances are not out, but where I can get them easily.

Mixer and FP. The little Handy-vac and the stick blender are in a crock in the corner, but everything else is put away.

I seldom use the mixer and FP, but they are too heavy to put away and get out.

Coffee maker, cappuccino maker, toaster oven and FoodSaver. I also have open shelves for the breadmaker, blender and crockpot; the two FPs (one large, one 1-cup size) are in cabinets near my main prep counter.

Toaster oven, microwave and coffee maker only. But somehow the counters fill up with other stuff!
This happens to me, too! My family seems to see empty counter space as a place to stack up things they are too lazy to put away! But I have a large ss work table in the middle of the kitchen that stays clear at all times. When I re-did my kitchen, I made it painfully clear to everyone in the house how unhappy I would be if they didn't respect this. I hate coming into the kitchen to cook and not have a clear counter ready for me to start. So far, so good.

Coffee Maker.

I have a huge amount of counter space, but I can't stand clutter.
In order to combat my adoration of small appliances, I emptied out my coat closet (shared a wall with my pantry), added a couple of side-to-side ikea bookshelves, and made an all-appliance area, complete with room for my most-used cookbooks on a shelf above the hanging bar. On either side of the bookshelves is just enough room - one side holds all the cookie sheets, the other holds the foodsaver & it's bags.
Even though the KA mixer is heavy, I still lug it out nearly every day for baking purposes, and then just put it away. That way, I always have a good workspace, ready when I am.

Just One

We only keep the Coffee maker on the counter, it's a fully automatic & too heavy/large to put in the cabinet. Everything else stows away, including the toaster. :rolleyes:

coffee maker, small flat screen TV, sometimes my laptop (rarely), a krups toaster, and a KA stand mixer. The Cuisinart is below in a cabinet and easy to pull out when in use. 4

Just my KA stand mixer. The microwave is mounted above the stove and it just died last week. I'm trying to prolong dragging the regular microwave out of storage since we don't have room for it on the counter. When we want coffee or need the toaster we bring the appliances out of the laundry room where they're stored.

Back
Top Bottom