Induction Cooktops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2sammi

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have some experience with these and any/or brand preference.

thanks
Renee

Renee, I have the Kitchenaid KICU368SBL induction cooktop and absolutely love it. We switched from gas to induction a couple months ago and I can't imagine ever going back. It is so powerful and fast, and simmers excellent as well. Cleanup is a breeze. Way easier to keep clean than my gas range or the smoothtop electric range in my old house.

One thing though....its biggest element (3600 watts) is 11" and none of my pans (so far) is large enough to make use of the highest power output. That being said, the next largest (2700 watts) can boil water faster than anyone's gas range I know and makes cooking in my wok a dream.

If you're looking for more info on induction, "theinductionsite.com" is a great resource.

Most major manufacturers have an induction cooktop now, Kitchenaid, GE Profile/Monogram, Bosch/Thermador, Wolf, Viking, Jennair's is coming, Gaggenau, Electrolux, Kenmore Elite (rebadged Electrolux).

Hope this helps!
Brian

there is another useful site I found out there which gives an overview of pros and cons of induction cooktops, and it also looks at cookware requirements for use on induciton cooktops: induction-cooktop.com

Does anyone have some experience with these and any/or brand preference.

thanks
Renee

I have a 36" Viking with four radiant and two induction burners. I love it. It's better than gas. The cookware is a combination of All-Clad Stainless and cast iron. I only use the radiant burners when I need more than two pots going at once. I'll be building a new house in a couple of years and my wife, who 'just loves' gas, will get a four burner gas cooktop and I'm going to have my own station with four induction burners. I'll NEVER go back. :cool:

I have a 36" Viking with four radiant and two induction burners. I love it. It's better than gas. The cookware is a combination of All-Clad Stainless and cast iron. I only use the radiant burners when I need more than two pots going at once. I'll be building a new house in a couple of years and my wife, who 'just loves' gas, will get a four burner gas cooktop and I'm going to have my own station with four induction burners. I'll NEVER go back. :cool:

I have decided on the Miele 5 burner induction. I can't wait to get to use it. Thanks all for the information

I have the GE 30" and love it. It cooks so fast and is a super fast clean.

We have an 1800 watt 8.5in Viking standalone that we use for store demonstrations here. I have zero complaints!

2sammi said:
I have decided on the Miele 5 burner induction. I can't wait to get to use it. Thanks all for the information

Me too, I can't wait to use the Miele 5 burner induction!
Regards
S.

Back
Top Bottom