Have you had Miracle Fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's VERY interesting! It would certainly be a fun experiment and IC might be interested - they did mention making a foam out of it! :LOL:

That is really cool. I would LOVE to try it. I don't think I will be spending $90 to try it though, but if I ever have the opportunity and not have to spend that much then I think it would be really fun.

OK I tried it. Or I should say I am in the process of trying it. Man it is weird, in a very cool way.

The first thing I did was take a shot of white vinegar. It tastes exactly like vinegar except instead of being tart it is sweet like sugar.

Next up was a lime. It tasted like the lime was dipped in sugar. Same with tomatoes. Lemons taste like lemonade. Granny smith apples are so delicious.

Grapefruit is the most delicious grapefruit you have ever had. Pickles are amazing.

Salt and vinegar chips taste like candy.

My favorite thing so far (no surprise here) is BEER. I had a Guiness and a Sierra Nevada Stout. Both were sweet without being too sweet. The amazing thing to me was that it seemed to bring out the flavor of the beer more than when I just normally drink it.

I did not get the actual berries themselves. I got the tables which are made from the berries and cornstarch. I went that route just because it was cheaper. I got 10 tablets for $20. This would be a very fun thing to do at a party.

I don't think it would do much for the turkey KE, but the cranberry sauce would be amazing.

Chopstix, what were your favorite things to eat on it? Did you taste anything outside of fruit that might not be an obvious choice?

Tatt, you have me laughing and reminiscing all at the same time.
surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

I've bookmarked that site, GB. Thanks!

Great idea for Christmas gifts for people "who have everything" (although I would like to try them myself!)

Lee

I was thinking the same thing Lee. Definitely the type of thing for someone who has everything.

thanks for the link, gb.

i'm definitely going to buy some and experiment. and great idea for gifts, lee.

DW kept on thinking it must not be legal. It seems like it would be an illegal drug, but it is not. It is completely legal.

Chopstix, what were your favorite things to eat on it? Did you taste anything outside of fruit that might not be an obvious choice?
surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

GB, everything just tasted saccharine sweet so, personally, it didn't taste too pleasant since I have an aversion to very sweet food. It was a novel experience however and ought to be shared with other people as it makes for lots of giggling and fun. I remember trying it on sour soup (think Thai Tom Yum Kung or Chinese Hot and Sour Soup) and it tasted sweet too!

My friend's mom who has a Miracle Fruit plant uses it when eating the less expensive pomelos imported from Taiwan. Compared to more expensive Thai pomelos which are moist and sweet, Taiwanese pomelo, while juicy, is kinda sour. This way she saves some money. :LOL:

I wonder if they deliver those to the UK, or if there is anywhere to buy them that does deliver to here. It would also be pretty cool to buy the seeds and grow the plant. I really want to try it!

Back
Top Bottom