Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Decorating the Turkey Serving Platter (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/decorating-the-turkey-serving-platter-4859.html)

debthecook 11-23-2004 01:28 PM

Decorating the Turkey Serving Platter
 
How do you?

I cut fresh bunches of parsley, rosemary and sage from the garden, wash and dry well. Arrange and cover the platter so that the leaves hang over. Place the turkey on the platter. Put my daughter to work and garnish around the edge of the turkey platter with grapes, kumquats, lady apples and seckle pears. Looks very nice and the herbs smell great.

Bangbang 11-23-2004 02:28 PM

I put Xmas lights on our turkey.

debthecook 11-23-2004 02:30 PM

I gotta see that.

jkath 11-23-2004 02:56 PM

http://www.nopassportrequired.com/string_light.htm

for Bangbang's turkey

Otter 11-23-2004 03:00 PM

Re: Decorating the Turkey Serving Platter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by debthecook
How do you?

I cut fresh bunches of parsley, rosemary and sage from the garden, wash and dry well. Arrange and cover the platter so that the leaves hang over. Place the turkey on the platter. Put my daughter to work and garnish around the edge of the turkey platter with grapes, kumquats, lady apples and seckle pears. Looks very nice and the herbs smell great.

To me, deb, you are "Martha Stewart minus the slammer time!" :lol:

Bangbang 11-23-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkath
http://www.nopassportrequired.com/string_light.htm

for Bangbang's turkey

That will work.

crewsk 11-23-2004 03:15 PM

I will be decorating my platter with strictly the turkey. Oh shoot, I forgot, I don't have a platter big enough to put my husband on! Dang, oh well! Anyway, I don't decorate the turkey platter because I slice the bird before putting it on the table. I would rather the food speak for itself.

PA Baker 11-23-2004 03:18 PM

I'm with crewsk, DH and all! :lol: As much fun as it would be for me to come up with garnishes, etc., I don't do it on the holidays because it doesn't really mean anything to others. There's so much food going on, it probably wouldn't be appreciated and it's just one more thing for me to worry about last minute. I save things like that for when I have time to "play"!

Bangbang 11-23-2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crewsk
I will be decorating my platter with strictly the turkey. Oh shoot, I forgot, I don't have a platter big enough to put my husband on! Dang, oh well! Anyway, I don't decorate the turkey platter because I slice the bird before putting it on the table. I would rather the food speak for itself.

:lol: I would like to carv my wife on platter. :lol: I pull the whole turkey apart before serving it. I am thinking about cooking mine breast down for half the time....and then turning it over. My daughter cooked one upside down once and it came out bery good. I wanted to brine it but the family said NO WAY! I will try some chicckens before I do a turkey.

norgeskog 11-23-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkath
http://www.nopassportrequired.com/string_light.htm

for Bangbang's turkey

Perfecto jkath.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.