Got no meat thermometer - How to tell when tri-tip is done???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh... I have a meat thermometer and I have yet to use it! I guess if I were doing that recipe, I may shoot for the median time... maybe 25 minutes? Then follow with the foil tenting/carving. It is really hard to say unless you really know your oven. Any other information you can offer? How close you will follow the recipe... past performance of your oven?

I would rather undercook it and then nuke it for a few minutes to bring it to the doness you are looking for. I hate using the microwave, but I have found it invaluable in situations like this. But it does require compromise, meaning you would have to cut into the meat to check the doneness.

Tough call...

Ugh... I have a meat thermometer and I have yet to use it! I guess if I were doing that recipe, I may shoot for the median time... maybe 25 minutes? Then follow with the foil tenting/carving. It is really hard to say unless you really know your oven. Any other information you can offer? How close you will follow the recipe... past performance of your oven?

I would rather undercook it and then nuke it for a few minutes to bring it to the doness you are looking for. I hate using the microwave, but I have found it invaluable in situations like this. But it does require compromise, meaning you would have to cut into the meat to check the doneness.

Tough call...

It's ok - I winged it (ended up with med-well - sigh). And bought a meat thermometer the next day :)

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom