Cards for F-18 plane crash family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
This was emailed to me by a friend who lives not far from the tradegy...I thought they would be many of you who would want to send their prayers.

Dear Friends,
By now I am sure most of you have seen some sort of news coverage in regards to the F-18 plane crash on monday. I still can not believe the tragic accident that robed a man of his entire family and every earthly thing he own. Pictures, papers, everything. My heart just breaks for Dong Yoon. Below I have a bit of information for you to read.

Yoon Family
Survivor~ Dong Yun Yoon
Mom~ Young Mi Yoon ( very religious person, was a nurse in South Korea and studying to become a nurse here- worked in hospice care, believed in balancing home and work life)
15 month old~ Grace Yoon
2 month old~ Rachel Yoon

mother in law~ Suk Im Kim (was here in San Diego to help with newborn, was leaving to go back to Korea next week)

Church~ Korean United Methodist Church of San Diego ( clairemont) Senior Pastor Rev. Daniel Shin, asst Pastor Rev. Kevin Lee

Part of an interview that really touched me~

Dong Yun Yoon, whose mother-in-law, wife and two daughters died in the crash of an F/A-18 Hornet in University City, speaks to the media for the firs

In an emotional statement, Yoon thanked those who have tried to contact him in the past 24 hours and said he is praying for the pilot involved in the crash.
“I heard the pilot is safe,” said Yoon. “I know he is one of our treasures for the country and I don’t blame him, I don’t have any hard feelings. He did everything he could.”
The sound of jets flying overhead interrupted the father’s statement, forcing him to pause several times.
Yoon talked about the baby Rachel who was just born October 17. “No one expected such a horrible thing to happen,” he said. “But I believe my wife and two babies, mother-in-law are in Heaven with God. I know God is taking care of them.”

What a testimony Dong Yoon is in the midst of. He will lead others to our Lord. They will watch and wonder "how is this man going to make it?"

I write all this simply to ask you to keep Dong Yoon in your prayers and that for a moment just try to imagine yourself in his shoes. Also I wish to remind you, tomorrow is not promised nor is the end of a day you start. Make the most of your moments! Don't leave things unsaid nor undone. One thing that really touched me about this story was that a neighbor witnessed Dong and his wife saying goodbye to each other monday morning. The neighbor said "they kissed in the driveway before Dong got in the car." How beautiful!

If you could take a moment and please send Dong a card and a prayer I would be so grateful. It is on my heart to keep Dong encouraged and prayed for. He really needs us all. He needs the big loving family to keep him lifted.

Send cards to:
Dong Yoon
c/o
Korean United Methodist Church
3520 Mount Acadia Blvd.
San Diego, Ca. 92110

If any information in regards to a memorial fund is released I'll forward it to you.

Thank You and God Bless you all for your faithfulness,

Wow Dee-what a sobering reminder as to how fragile life really is. I will send a card tomorrow. Given all that I have, it seems the least I can do.

Anyone needing a way to "kick-start" their holiday spirit I suggest you follow suit.

Makes you want to sneak into the bedroom and and give your sleeping angel a kiss!

Thank you Smoke King....I knew others would join me in sending support. When I received the email I immediately though of the caring hearts of DC.

I hesitated for a second it posting this for that reason...I didn't want to make you guys sad...but I did post this thread because I knew you guys would care. Also just like Smoke King said unfortunately sometimes its the sad things that gives you a wake up call to appreciate what you do have....of course I'm not suggesting anyone here is unappreciative but its very easy to fall into routine and comfort zones and forget that it could all be gone in a blink of an eye!

Back
Top Bottom