1/4" sirloin steaks...how to cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
They are 1/4" thin, about 4" round, boneless steaks. I need the best way to cook them so they aren't tough...I'm "pretty" sure they are sirloin...I bought a package, we ate 1/2 and I froze the rest out of the package.

Thanks!

Those would be great for Country Fried Steak. Tenderize them with a meat beater if you have one, then season them with salt and pepper.
Dip them in seasoned flour, then egg and milk, then flour again, and put them in about an inch of 350 degree grease in a skillet. Brown on one side, turn, partially cover skillet with lid, and cook until brown on the other side.

Serve with cream gravy made from the pan drippings and mashed potatoes.

I don't have a meat tenderizer. Any other suggestions on what I can beat them with?

End of the spine of your meat cleaver...hold the cleaver sharp side up (careful!) and perpendicular to the grain of the meat. On a cutting board.

A saucer or small plate.

Lay the piece of meat on a cutting board, sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour. Pound the heck out of it with the edge of a plate, flip and repeat. Fry in a bit of oil.

With the drippings, make gravy... mmmmm.. ... makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom