Trivia 2/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 2/20
DID YOU KNOW...

GOOD REASON FOR EAR PLUGS: THE AVERAGE NEWBORN CRIES 113 MINUTES A DAY.

1. What city saw the birth of the Black Panther Party in 1966 ?
2. Who killed Alexander Hamilton ?
3. Fill in the blank;
The Molly Maguires was a secret organization formed by Irish-American ______ _______ in Pennsylvania in the 1800's .
4. What musical group included Kevin Richardson and A.J. McLean ?
5. Who was the first person to run a mile in under four minutes ?
6. In what Mel Gibson movie would I find a character named Aunty Entity ?
(Bonus; Who played the part ?)
7. In the U.S. House of Representatives, what do you call the big "desk" where the Speaker sits ?
8. Definition (S);
intr.~ 1. To sit, stand, or walk with an awkward, drooping posture. 2. Assume an excessively relaxed position -n.~ 3. An awkward, lazy, or inept person.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Marsupials are a primitive forerunner of modern placental mammals.
1. Oakland, California
2. Aaron Burr
3. Coal Miners
4. Backstreet Boys
5. Roger Bannister
6. Mad Max:Beyond Thunderdome (Tina Turner)
7. The Rostrum
8. Slouch
CRAP !
It was once commonly believed that marsupials were a primitive forerunner of modern placental mammals, but fossil evidence, first presented by researcher M.J. Spechtt in 1982, conflicts with this assumption. Instead, both main branches of the mammal tree appear to have evolved concurrently toward the end of the Mesozoic era.
In the absence of soft tissues, such as the pouch and reproductive system, fossil marsupials can be distinguished from placentals by the form of their teeth; primitive marsupials possess four pairs of molar teeth in each jaw, whereas placental mammals never have more than three pairs.
Using this criterion, the earliest known marsupial is Sinodelphys szalayi, which lived in China around 125 million years ago. This makes it almost contemporary to the earliest placental fossils, which have been found in the same area.

LOL LT, I only got 6 and 8 today. Since I got the bonus do I get to count my score as 3/8? Doesn't really matter with that bad a percentage. Back to school for me.

Bonus Questions count as half a point, unless you score an "Eight".......then they count as "Extra credit" -:smartass:

Did anybody EVER score an eight ?
can't remember .........................

Okay, has this been hiding all week or I have been in a bigger pain med coma that I thought? LOL!

Well I must be coming out of it today because I got everything (including Tina Turner) except 7 (and how is a Canuck supposed to know that) and T/C!

Back
Top Bottom