Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Sad day today. One of my furbabies died! (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/sad-day-today-one-of-my-furbabies-died-56896.html)

Katie H 04-11-2009 10:14 PM

Sad day today. One of my furbabies died!

Not such a happy day here today. When I went out this morning to serve breakfast to Tunble, Violet, Thelma and Squeakers, I was greeted by Squeakers lifeless body on the first step of the porch.

He'd seemed to have been feeling sluggish the last two days and I spied, yesterday, what appeared to be a gunshot/bullet wound in his side. He wouldn't let me touch it but he allowed me to pick him up and hug and love on him. He never failed to show up for mealtimes and "loving" time. He hadn't been dead very long when I found him, so I swaddled him in our traditional "garb" and promptly buried my little boy. He was a sweet little angel and a real gentleman to the other kitties. I'm gonna miss my little Squeakers. Buck and I said a prayer over his fresh grave. I'm so sorry our little Squeakers is gone.

msmofet 04-11-2009 10:17 PM

so sorry for your loss sweetie.

kitchenelf 04-11-2009 11:12 PM

Oh Katie - I'm so sorry. Poor Squeakers - he's not hurting anymore and he's probably sitting on Buck's lap right now! :flowers:

HMGgal 04-11-2009 11:15 PM

Awwwww, I'm sorry about Squeakers. I had a cat die on my porch like that--unexpected, obviously injured, and very sudden. It's hard.

Katie H 04-11-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitchenelf (Post 812046)
Oh Katie - I'm so sorry. Poor Squeakers - he's not hurting anymore and he's probably sitting on Buck's lap right now! :flowers:

I'm going to miss him because he was such an affectionate kitty, but he and Buck did have a special relationship. Still....I'm gonna miss my little "Squeaks." He couldn't "meow" and that's how he got his name. All he could do was "squeak." He was a real sweetheart.

kitchenelf 04-11-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie E (Post 812050)
I'm going to miss him because he was such an affectionate kitty, but he and Buck did have a special relationship. Still....I'm gonna miss my little "Squeaks." He couldn't "meow" and that's how he got his name. All he could do was "squeak." He was a real sweetheart.

Oh, I remember us talking about him Katie - I have a squeaker too!!! Well, sometimes he squeaks and sometimes it's a silent meow!!

luvs 04-12-2009 12:12 AM

oh, no. i'm so sorry, dear katie!

kadesma 04-12-2009 02:12 AM

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry.My thoughts are with you..Peace to squeakers and to you sweetie.
cj

LadyCook61 04-12-2009 07:47 AM

Oh no... how awful , Katie. ((hugs)) I'm so sorry for your loss.
LC

In the Kitchen 04-12-2009 07:58 AM

This is sure sad! Please accept my sympathy. Sure sounds like you treated him the best way you could. Not to make a meow sounds sad also. Somebody shot him? What a shock! How many do you have? going to get another one? I have replacements for my dogs but they sure don't replace the ones that are gone. All have unique personalities. Only relief one gets is the memories you had with him. You can be sure you are in my thoughts today. So sorry.