Sad day today. One of my furbabies died!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Not such a happy day here today. When I went out this morning to serve breakfast to Tunble, Violet, Thelma and Squeakers, I was greeted by Squeakers lifeless body on the first step of the porch.

He'd seemed to have been feeling sluggish the last two days and I spied, yesterday, what appeared to be a gunshot/bullet wound in his side. He wouldn't let me touch it but he allowed me to pick him up and hug and love on him. He never failed to show up for mealtimes and "loving" time. He hadn't been dead very long when I found him, so I swaddled him in our traditional "garb" and promptly buried my little boy. He was a sweet little angel and a real gentleman to the other kitties. I'm gonna miss my little Squeakers. Buck and I said a prayer over his fresh grave. I'm so sorry our little Squeakers is gone.

Oh Katie - I'm so sorry. Poor Squeakers - he's not hurting anymore and he's probably sitting on Buck's lap right now! :flowers:

Awwwww, I'm sorry about Squeakers. I had a cat die on my porch like that--unexpected, obviously injured, and very sudden. It's hard.

Oh Katie - I'm so sorry. Poor Squeakers - he's not hurting anymore and he's probably sitting on Buck's lap right now! :flowers:

I'm going to miss him because he was such an affectionate kitty, but he and Buck did have a special relationship. Still....I'm gonna miss my little "Squeaks." He couldn't "meow" and that's how he got his name. All he could do was "squeak." He was a real sweetheart.

I'm going to miss him because he was such an affectionate kitty, but he and Buck did have a special relationship. Still....I'm gonna miss my little "Squeaks." He couldn't "meow" and that's how he got his name. All he could do was "squeak." He was a real sweetheart.

Oh, I remember us talking about him Katie - I have a squeaker too!!! Well, sometimes he squeaks and sometimes it's a silent meow!!

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry.My thoughts are with you..Peace to squeakers and to you sweetie.
cj

This is sure sad! Please accept my sympathy. Sure sounds like you treated him the best way you could. Not to make a meow sounds sad also. Somebody shot him? What a shock! How many do you have? going to get another one? I have replacements for my dogs but they sure don't replace the ones that are gone. All have unique personalities. Only relief one gets is the memories you had with him. You can be sure you are in my thoughts today. So sorry.

Aww, Katie, I'm so sorry. I'm glad that he had a loving mommy though!!

img_812113_0_a162e3dc44e1328600aac2524b98bcea.jpg

Katie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Squeakers sounds like a real sweetie. Buck is probably glad to have him there with him now.

I have to say though, what kind of (bad word) would shoot a cat???!!!
Sorry Katie, I'm mad AND sad for you.

Oh Katie, I am so sorry. And it is so hard not to know what happened to him. Poor little Squeakers...he came home and lay down and knew that you would find him first thing so you wouldn't wonder where he was. I have absolutely no doubt that he is with Buck, sitting on his lap and purring. I know you will miss him, though. I had a good friend once who passed through my life for a brief time about 30 years ago. I learned alot fom her in a short time. She told me that "life is a series of hellos and goodbyes." So true, but hard to accept. My thoughts are with you today, amiga.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Katie. Who would want to hurt a kitty?

Yesterday was a year since I put Julia Child Kitty down, so I'm feeling sad anyway.

Sending you Easter hugs.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Katie. Who would want to hurt a kitty?

Yesterday was a year since I put Julia Child Kitty down, so I'm feeling sad anyway.

Sending you Easter hugs.

ChefJune, (((Hugs))) Sorry you are feeling sad today and for your loss of a year ago.
LC

Katie I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you. And I agree that squeakers is up with Buck now. I bet squeakers has the loudest meow in heaven now.

Katie, I am so sorry to learn about Squeakers...it is so hard to lose a friend like that. I bet Buck is smiling through his tears, to have one of his friends back.

Back
Top Bottom