ISO spicy summer fruit dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RusticCajun

Assistant Cook
I'm looking for some inspiration on a summer fruit dessert theme, and thought it might be a little different and interesting to make something spicy. I'm not sure where to start.

Maybe something with a little bite? Maybe something with an interesting/unusual taste?

Thanks!!
RusticCajun

I'm looking for some inspiration on a summer fruit dessert theme, and thought it might be a little different and interesting to make something spicy. I'm not sure where to start.

Maybe something with a little bite? Maybe something with an interesting/unusual taste?

Thanks!!
RusticCajun

RC - I'm really not into savory/spicy fruit dishes, but I thought I'd find a couple of recipes to spark ideas for you.

Savory Fruit Compote recipe
Savory fruit recipes - Home Cooking - Chowhound
Savory Fruit Sausage Sauté Recipe - Breakfast Recipes
Sweet/Savory Side: Fruit Salad with Arugula | recipes, Vegetarian, sides | YumSugar - Recipes, Menus, Food & Wine
Savory and Sweet Summer Fruit Guide + 3 Delicious Recipes - Gaiam Life
Recipe for Savory Fruit-Filled Squash - Camping Recipes from KOA
Savory Cornbread Fruit Stuffing Recipe @ CDKitchen.com :: it's what's cooking online!
Fruit Recipes and Cooking Information
Savory fruit salad :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Salads

Have fun!

Bob

Wow! Zing! Thanks so much!

I like that savory cherry recipe. As I was mulling it over, I was thinking that a cherry might have the kick I was looking for. (Watermelon gazpacho!! Wow! They all look good!)

"Savory"! I was missing that word when I was looking before.

Thanks, CI!
Rustic

I like to use candied ginger in things, provides that sweet "bite" to granola, struesel toppings, ice cream, scones...

Back
Top Bottom