Good Wine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
Well tonight we had a Food and Wine dinner, featuring wines from a smaller, less known vinter called Rideau Vineyard on the California Central Coast near Santa Barbara. The wines we used for the dinner was a Merlot, Zinfandel, Temperanillo, and Sauvignon blanc. We also sampled their Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Really good wine...highly recommended if you can find it

Thanks for the info Ironchef - We have been to several wine tastings lately and when I have time I'll post some of the top ones (in my opinion, anyway :roll: )

In my experience, wine, as with beauty being in the eye of the beholder, is "in the mouth of the taster". Some years ago I recall attending a wine tasting in the same general area as Ironchef mentioned. Several persons raved about the Chardonnay - but when I tasteed it, I thought it terrible - and Chardonnay is one of my favorites.

This is not to imply that recommendations are not worthwhile, but one should not be too disappointed if one's own taste doesn't appreciate the wine the same as the next person.

What really baffles me about wines is how a wine that is terrific with, say, a grilled steak, may actualy taste bad with a similar beef dish that has slichtly different flavoring, or merely different sided dishes. I've yet to figure out how to predict that!

Back
Top Bottom