Did this Mudslide blender go bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mj1

Cook
A relative that just recently moved gave me a bunch of alcoholic beverages and mixers,etc. since they have very little room at their new place. Some of it hasn't been opened, but has no expiration date. I opened a TGIF Mudslide Blender that already has the alcohol in it. I poured it in a glass but nothing would come out. I looked in there and there's all this white, waxy looking stuff stuck in the lower neck of the bottle. I assume it's the non-dairy creamer. There's also small chunks of stuff floating around in the bottle. I'm wondering if this is ok to drink or if it went bad? I'd hate to throw it away if it's still good, it's just that I don't know what it's supposed to look like. These are the main ingredients: Rum, Non-Dairy Creamer, Natural Flavor & Other Natural Flavors.

Some blends/mixes, primarily those that use dairy products, but other things go bad after a while too. :sick:

A friend recently moved away, but passed me her open bottles before she left. One of them was a large bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream. I cried when I discovered it had gone bad and I had to trash it!!! :cry:

Last edited:
Is there anyway for me to tell if these other blenders/mixers are also bad? If they don't have creamer, can I assume it's still good? This stuff has to be more than three years old because none of it has dates on it. Everything I've bought within the last three years has had dates on it.

Does hard liquor ever go bad? I was also given some Vodka and Rum that looks like it could be 20-30 years old and it has been opened. I was told it was still good but since they also told me that cheese that's been in a freezer for 10 years is still ok to eat :yuk::sick:, I really don't know if I should listen to what they say anymore.

3+ year old mixers I wouldn't trust.

As for the hard liquor, it most likely won't kill you (at least from poisoning - :ROFLMAO:), but oxidation might have changed the flavor a bit. I'd taste it and see whether it's something I would want to keep. If not, re-gift it!

Is there anyway for me to tell if these other blenders/mixers are also bad? If they don't have creamer, can I assume it's still good? This stuff has to be more than three years old because none of it has dates on it. Everything I've bought within the last three years has had dates on it.

Does hard liquor ever go bad? I was also given some Vodka and Rum that looks like it could be 20-30 years old and it has been opened. I was told it was still good but since they also told me that cheese that's been in a freezer for 10 years is still ok to eat :yuk::sick:, I really don't know if I should listen to what they say anymore.

If there is any question in your mind at all about the safety of these items, just throw them away. Your health and the health of those around you is much more important than the value of these partially used open items.

Back
Top Bottom