Sunday 1/2/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm going to bake a chicken breast half to make some chicken salad, but first I'm going to have a nice WARM sliced chicken breast sandwich on toast with lots of mayo. What's left will get diced up and add a grated hard boiled egg and some finely minced tender celery center pieces.

I'm going to make Alix's Parmesan Chicken for Dinner. I've only got the dregs from a container of Dijon mustard, but I figure I can put the Worcestershire in it and be able to shake it and get enough for this one dinner. I only am making two thighs so it should be enough.

What's cooking at your place today?

I'm going to make some nachos and dip for the afternoon and some quesadillas tonight. Maybe with mole sauce.

SO is making chicken dinner pies for work and for us. I'll be roasting the chickens this morning. I suggested she try puff pastries for the pies in place of pie crusts. She's going to give it a try.

Zhizara, I edited your date for you. Its now 2011. ;) Hope you enjoy the parmesan chicken. I usually do it with breasts so I'll be interested to hear how you liked it with the thighs.

We had a roast beast yesterday and there are some leftovers. I can't decide if I want to do roast beef melts or just let them take that for lunches and do something entirely different tonight.

I think I might do some chicken tonight too. Thanks Zhizara! We'll likely lean toward the cornflake chicken though. I have a ton of the crumbs still. Sides as yet to be determined. For sure a BIG salad though. I'm craving greens.

leftovers from NYE dinner. BEpeas rice and greens tonight. Ham and cheese spud bake tomorrow. Then we'll see what's left...maybe an hors d'oeurves smorgasbord for Tues.

Looks like it's a chicken kind of a day. It's on our menu tonight. I'll make baked chicken with mushroom sauce, stuffing and a veggie, either green beans, broccoli or mixed veggies.

Going to a friend's place for supper. It will be some sort of Thai pork or roast beast. That's what we call it too, Alix.

Last edited:
We're going to have our New Year's dinner today. Broiled lobster tails (about 1-pound each), drawn butter, Greek salad, steamed green beans, homemade potato rolls, chilled champagne, and bourbon bread pudding with creme anglaise for dessert. Then, the party's over and we're going back to eating civilian food.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
We're having potato salad and BBQ ribs. I have to make the ribs in the oven, as it's raining today so can't fire up the grill.

Salmon fillets coated with dill, breadcrumbs, and lemon zest served on a bed of beets, with creamed potatoes with fresh dill, an avocado salad, and peppermint icecream with chocolate sauce for dessert. A fish sauce made of fish stock, splash of white wine, brown mustard seeds, and Swedish anchovies on the side.

I am going to make the bone-in pork roast tonight (yes, really, I am )

I am glad to see that I was not the only one that didn't cook their New Years dinner yesterday. I had Vegetable Beef and Barley Soup. To night I am having Pork Chop, SourKruat over mashed Potatoes and Black Eyed Peas. I haven't decided if I am going to make Alix's Lemon Cake or Babetoo's Scalloped Pineapple.

We've been eating cold cuts and salads since friday evening. Tonight I think it will be french toast for dinner (thats easy to do). I have been taking it easy and my shoulder is feeling better but my ankle is still sore and the hands are taking their time also.

Back
Top Bottom