Sunday Dinner - July 10/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
No idea yet. I'll be leaving something here as I work tonight. Help me out folks, I need ideas.

I'm going to grill a steak and turn the leftover broth, shrimp, chorizo and mussels from last night into a jambalaya of sorts with ham and rice.

I'm roasting a spatchcocked chicken on the grill tonight. Pilaf and string beans on the side. Ice cream will follow.

No idea yet. I'll be leaving something here as I work tonight. Help me out folks, I need ideas.

How about a lasagna, cottage pie or mac 'n cheese that can just be finished in the oven while your at work?

I made that yummy bacon cheese meatloaf from "ol Blue" for lunch so I just had sardines on toast to fill the gap before bed :)

The pizza dough is rising in the fridge so we'll have homemade pizza. I've got bacon left over from the burgers and some sausage left over from breakfast. I'll add some pepperoni and maybe some kielbasa or hamburger, onions on half and mushrooms on other half.

Spatchcock cookoff!
Spatchcock cookoff!
:w00t:

Thanks, Rock. The kitchen still smells like the broth. I'm looking forward to playing around with the ingredients.

Commented last week on how my husband used to cook for me. Hasn't in years. No real complaints, he cleans when I cook. But I miss his home-made pasta. So ... he will make pasta, I'll crunch the stuff for a light sauce (you know, the classic olive oil, peppers, and garlic). I picked our first batch of lettuce, tomatoes and cukes from the garden last night and they're still crispy. I'm a happy girl!

Sesame chicken, steamed rice, mixed vegetables, and either a 2009 Viña Tarapacá Viognier or a 2009 Crios de Susana Balbo Rosé of Malbec over ice.

Most likely we will be having tacos. That's the plan, but I don't think we had what was planned one day in the last week! :cool:

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
BBQ Chicken, potatoes, green beans...

That Bobby Flay recipe was pretty good. Next time I am going to cut back on the salt in the rub recipe, although the others said it wasn't too salty. New potatoes in foil I with some shallot/thyme butter, thanks to my brother for the herbs and the salad was awsome with arugula, cukes, and oregano from his garden. Peas from a menonite farm, which have to be consumed cold around here. I managed to get permission to steam some up yesterday with butter.
And a few leftover ribs from yesterday.

Hmmm. Can't seem to load pics tonight

Last edited:
I made meatball subs with the rolls that I made this afternoon and the meatballs and sauce that were leftover from last nights dinner. We just had chips on the side. I sprinkled them with parsley so we could have something green :LOL:

Attachments

• meatball-sub.jpg
    meatball-sub.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom