Dinner Tuesday 26th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just took out some veal escalope's, I dont want to snitzeralise them so I am open to suggestions

Tonight we'll be going to the Braves game with tickets the DH won at work so tonight will be a "no cooking night for me". Probably pick up some fast food or something before the ball game!

I guess it will be a salad nicoise, I've been promising it to my husband forever and all the cans are in the fridge. The thing is that we've had fish/seafood every dinner for a week or so, and I'm tired of it! What I have a taste for is lamb. Since I'm not going to the grocery store 'til tomorrow, Nicoise it will be, but tomorrow is another day ... lamb!

I took out sausage for whatever I'm going to make. I might toss sausage with roasted red pepper, tomato, stir-fry vegetables and pasta in some kind of sauce.

doing a small group,4 course dinner for clients. baked artichoke crostini, grilled shrimp and green and wax been salad with orange vinaigrette, rabbit ragout over paparadelle, chocolate mousse. (orange liqueur flavored)

wish it were 20 degrees cooler but... it's the menu they selected.

I'm planning a shrimp gazpacho. Cooked shrimp, tomato juice and salsa spiced up with a little cayenne, celery flakes, and lite soy sauce

Looks like it might be a french onion soup night. Its pouring buckets...again! I'll put the stock on as soon as I've finished roasting the bones. BAH! I'm sick of rain. With the soup we'll have some crusty bread, and a salad. If anyone is not filled up by that they can clean out the fridge!

Looks like it might be a french onion soup night. Its pouring buckets...again! I'll put the stock on as soon as I've finished roasting the bones. BAH! I'm sick of rain. With the soup we'll have some crusty bread, and a salad. If anyone is not filled up by that they can clean out the fridge!

Love French Onion soup :) Hope you're having some cheesy crusty bread with that! Yum!

I came looking for inspiration but so far have not gotten any. Not sure what I'll pull off tonight. We might just do breakfast. Or grilled cheese.

I came looking for inspiration but so far have not gotten any. Not sure what I'll pull off tonight. We might just do breakfast. Or grilled cheese.
After transferring a load to the dryer, I went to the freezer to see what was available. Found some cod fillets so I pulled them out. I'll bake them the way DH likes, make some broccoli rice for the side and salads. Whew! Glad that dinner is taken care of!

Made the prego rolls after all. Took my frustrations out on a couple of rump steaks. I won the fight lol! Seasoned them simply with cellery salt, cracked black and fresh cayenne peppers.
Made a dressing with my homemade chili and onion relish and sour cream. Sliced some fresh blood red tomatoes. Made fresh Portuguese rolls ( well my breadmaker did the hard work but I stuck them in the oven all by myself lol )
Fried the steaks in a knob of butter and splash of olive oil in a cast iron griddle pan. Cooked them medium rare and allowed them to rest.

This combo might not be traditional but it was fab! Will do the same next time for sure :)
I really must get my camera cable sorted so that I'm not the only person making Ghost food! LOL! I would love to share pics, it's so great looking at all the nice meals you all make :)

I'm cleaning out the fridge since I leave on Thursday for three weeks. Not sure what I'll find in the fridge--I know I have greek yogurt, sour cream, some fresh veggies, lots of cheeses...I might make a pasta dish using arugala, greek yogurt, feta, and fresh basil...served with steamed beans...we'll see, I'm not there yet.

I really must get my camera cable sorted so that I'm not the only person making Ghost food! LOL! I would love to share pics, it's so great looking at all the nice meals you all make :)

I agree! Most of the time I don't understand half of what you are having :LOL: I think I recognize your word for grilling though... if I saw it ;)

It depends on how James feels by this evening. Our church has a free dinner once a month for anyone in the community who wants to come. We are planning to go help with that. If we do, we will be having hamburgers, hot dogs, and whatever they have to go with them.

If James isn't up to that we will probably have Lil' Smokies, macaroni and cheese, and Brussels sprouts. :cool:

Well, I think I can make a meatloaf that everyone can eat so that will be dinner. DH will have it plain with mixed veggies and boiled baby potatoes. Dad will have it pureed with beef gravy in and over it with mashed potatoes and pureed carrots. Since the sinuses are still affecting my teeth I will just mash my baby potatoes, meatloaf and veggies all together with gravy!

If I get to it, we will have strawberry sorbet for dessert!

Oh, and if after all the cleaning, sorting, etc. I am doing around the house I don't feel like cooking, I will just head across the Rockies to Alix's house for onion soup! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom