The Great Casual-Dining Upheaval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting article on dining trends. Thanks for posting.

I like both Panera and Chipotle's but my one experience with 5 Guys was bad enough to eliminate the possibility of a return visit. Haven't been to a Chili's in years and Applebys only when overbearing SIL demands we meet there.

a huge amount of people simply do not cook anymore.

so I would think there is indeed a large demand for "quick and better" - yeah, try to 'define' that - food than the 'usual and antique' fast food options.

about once a year I get the urge for a Whopper or perhaps a Sausage McMuffin with Egg - otherwise you'll not find me there (g)

oh... I am prone to going there for a cup of plain old coffee - not the $7.50 Starbucks price, just a cup of coffee thank you very much . . . .

a huge amount of people simply do not cook anymore.

so I would think there is indeed a large demand for "quick and better" - yeah, try to 'define' that - food than the 'usual and antique' fast food options.

about once a year I get the urge for a Whopper or perhaps a Sausage McMuffin with Egg - otherwise you'll not find me there (g)

oh... I am prone to going there for a cup of plain old coffee - not the $7.50 Starbucks price, just a cup of coffee thank you very much . . . .

Are you trying to define the word fast causal????

Food that is served fast, but has a higher than fast food price.

Maybe this is happening because these young people grew up going to McDonald's and Burger King a lot. Now they are "grown up" they want more sophisticated food but are too used to the "fast" element of McDonald's. These places like 5 Guys and Chipotle's fit that mind set. As for me, we still like to hit Ruby Tuesdays because we enjoy their salad bar. Never was a big fan of Chili's or Appleby's.

Maybe this is happening because these young people grew up going to McDonald's and Burger King a lot. Now they are "grown up" they want more sophisticated food but are too used to the "fast" element of McDonald's. These places like 5 Guys and Chipotle's fit that mind set. As for me, we still like to hit Ruby Tuesdays because we enjoy their salad bar. Never was a big fan of Chili's or Appleby's.

I think you make a solid point.

Back
Top Bottom