Turnover question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I bought frozen puff pastry, a can of poppy seed paste, and a small brick (8 oz. ?) of cream cheese. May I mix half the poppy filling with the creame cheese, then stuff the triangles of dough and bake for like, 30 minutes?

Will this work out?

Thanks, Eric Austin Tx. (Not a Baker, obviously)..

Sounds like it would be good, but I'm no baker either. Let us know if you try it and how it worked out, good or bad.

puff pastry popovers work with all kinds of fillings -

one tip: preheat the oven and a baking stone - bake on the stone (with or without parchment paper - sometimes things ooze out & makes a mess....) the bottom heat from a hot stone will help a lot in cooking the bottom of the popover (ie minimizes the 'goo' factor)

Since Giggler seems to have produced her poppyseed turnovers successfully, I'd like to ask another question:

Would it be feasible (never mind feasible; just because it can be done doesn't mean it's a good idea); do you think it would taste good to fill some pie pastry turnovers with hot mango chutney or would it just be a waste of two good ingredients? I just finished watching two hours of "Chopped" and am feeling a little giddy. :wacko:

if you put enough powdered sugar on them, you can make popovers with rocks in the middle and still get compliments. . . .

two "kinds" - savory and sweet -
it's a go for the mango chutney

Hi,you can actually use honey instead of cream cheese..it's like hamentaschen's filling..

Back
Top Bottom