What's For Dinner Sat. 4/7/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seared tuna steaks and scalloped taters. Something with carrots.

We're having those delicious little loin lamb chops from Costco, roasted asparagus with potatoes, drizzled with olive oil and seasonings.

Carrots sound good with this meal Dawg. What's your favorite way to cook carrots?

Last edited:
Cabbage, cornbread, sliced maters, sliced onions, & don't know what else. Maybe sliced Cheddar. Hmmm... wish I had some stew beef or corned beef to go with. Or meatloaf makings. Oh well. It will still be good.

Kayelle said:
We're having those delicious little loin lamb chops from Costco, roasted asparagus with potatoes, drizzled with olive oil and seasonings.

Carrots sound good with this meal Dawg. What's your favorite way to cook carrots?

Am thinking ginger and OJ glaze. Huh. We're out of OJ. So maybe lime juice.

I am so envious of your lamb chops, Kayelle! Last time we were at Costco (many miles from us visiting the rels) I looked for them per your recommendation, and didn't see them.

How do you make your carrots?

Last edited:
I'm fixin' to fix chicken alfredo for the first time. I've got the chicken, cream, parm, butter, and broccoli. I'll serve it over penne pasta.

FluffyAngel said:
Cabbage, cornbread, sliced maters, sliced onions, & don't know what else. Maybe sliced Cheddar. Hmmm... wish I had some stew beef or corned beef to go with. Or meatloaf makings. Oh well. It will still be good.

Add red beans & rice.

Sausage gravy over cornbread with hard boiled egg yoke sprinkled on top with a dash or two of cayenne for more color.

We're scrounging tonight. I should try to think of something for tomorrow night now, when i have plenty of time to defrost something.

We had our family easter dinner today. I am in need of a nap.

img_1127213_0_aeeb9768416d44d77838be9d7bb2dad4.jpg

img_1127213_1_409b5dcc6d620cdffff8dbdfb49a6231.jpg

Last edited:
Well, my chicken alfredo came out fairly good. I did a double batch of sauce. Not knowing how much it would be, I didn't have quite enough chicken. I'll know to increase the meat next time. It was a little thinner than I expected so I may replace some of the butter with marscapone (sp?) cheese next time to see if that thickens it up any. I added a little cinnamon (no nutmeg in the cupboard) and the flavor was really good.

wow steve! nice spread.

i grilled some chuck tender steaks today. whoever said they were the next best thing to beef tenderloin must havey been joking. they were good, but nowhere near as good as filet mignon. they tasted good but were relatively tough.

i'll go for a ny strip or ribeye next time, or just break down and pay the $15/lb for tenderloin.

Back
Top Bottom