Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Friday's dinner plans, 6-29 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/fridays-dinner-plans-6-29-a-80312.html)

LEFSElover 06-29-2012 10:54 AM

Friday's dinner plans, 6-29

it's gonna be "Chicken in Peanut Sauce"
white rice in the rice cooker with chicken stock and fresh corn sliced off cob/cut broccoli and almond slices
NYT no knead bread full of garlic and parmesan cheese, fresh basil and thyme
green salad with radishes and tomatoes, homestyle 1000 island dressing
Dr. Peppers Chocolate Cake

Andy M. 06-29-2012 11:00 AM

I have some pizza dough in the freezer left over from the 'pizza on the grill' disaster last week. Just got back from the market where I bought fresh mozzarella, basil and plum tomatoes.

Rocklobster 06-29-2012 11:38 AM

I accidently left out two racks of ribs when I was rooting around in the freezer a couple of days ago. I found them a couple of hours later and they were starting to thaw, so I put them in the fridge. I am busy for the rest of the weekend so today is the only day I can cook them. I am going to dry roast them in the oven for a few hours, make up some cole slaw, and possibly some stovetop beans.....

CWS4322 06-29-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocklobster (Post 1154774)
I accidently left out two racks of ribs when I was rooting around in the freezer a couple of days ago. I found them a couple of hours later and they were starting to thaw, so I put them in the fridge. I am busy for the rest of the weekend so today is the only day I can cook them. I am going to dry roast them in the oven for a few hours, make up some cole slaw, and possibly some stovetop beans.....

YUM! I'm on my way...no--wait, I'm heading to Ogdensburg...wrong direction!

Margi Cintrano 06-29-2012 12:11 PM

The Vet shall have, as I had eaten a very late lunch so just salad for me ...

Fresh broiled Norwegian salmon sprinkled with sea salt, fresh lime and evoo with a green salad ...

Very simple ... a glass of Prosecco ...

*** It is Peach season, so fresh fruit ... and then, we take our walk to feed the stray kit kats ...

Have a lovely 4th ...

Margi.

jabbur 06-29-2012 12:24 PM

I have some pizza dough in the freezer... wait, didn't I read that somewhere recently? Guess Andy and I are on the same page! Pizza for us tonight.

Jessica_Morris 06-29-2012 01:03 PM

Cooking meatloaf, mash potatoes and green beans tonight before heading out to the racetrack for the drag races.

LPBeier 06-29-2012 01:12 PM

I'm doing a pork tenderloin with my coffee rub and serving it up taco style in mini corn tortillas lightly fried in oil. Served with all the fixin's - cheese, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, green onion, etc.

Barbara L 06-29-2012 01:32 PM

Since our a/c is not fixed yet, and the temperatures are triple-digit today and supposed to be even hotter the next two days (plus high humidity), we are getting ready to head to our friends' house for the next couple days (coming home to check on the dog and mail), so supper will be over there.

Last I heard she is making chicken salad and fruit salad for tonight. :cool:

LPBeier 06-29-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara L (Post 1154823)
Since our a/c is not fixed yet, and the temperatures are triple-digit today and supposed to be even hotter the next two days (plus high humidity), we are getting ready to head to our friends' house for the next couple days (coming home to check on the dog and mail), so supper will be over there.

Last I heard she is making chicken salad and fruit salad for tonight. :cool:

I'll gladly trade you some of our rainy overcast yuk for some of your heat! :rolleyes: