Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Vegetables (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Duck Fat Roasted Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/duck-fat-roasted-rosemary-fingerling-potatoes-83471.html)

danpeikes 12-25-2012 04:08 PM

Duck Fat Roasted Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes
 
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GmzmEC0Dr_...p+Potatoes.jpg

Duck Fat Roasted Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes
Recipe:
2 lbs of multicolored fingerling or marble potatoes
3 tablespoons of duck fat
1 tablespoon dried or fresh rosemary
Salt to taste

Add potatoes to a pot of cold, salted water. Cook on high until just soft enough that you can easily insert a paring knife. While the potatoes are boiling, heat a cast iron skillet in a 400 F oven. Once the potatoes are soft, drain and set aside. Take the skillet out of the oven and add the duck fat. It should melt almost instantly. Add the potatoes, rosemary, and salt, and toss to coat. Put the potatoes in the oven, and roast for 20 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown.

vitauta 12-25-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpeikes (Post 1221492)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GmzmEC0Dr_...p+Potatoes.jpg

Duck Fat Roasted Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes
Recipe:
2 lbs of multicolored fingerling or marble potatoes
3 tablespoons of duck fat
1 tablespoon dried or fresh rosemary
Salt to taste

Add potatoes to a pot of cold, salted water. Cook on high until just soft enough that you can easily insert a paring knife. While the potatoes are boiling, heat a cast iron skillet in a 400 F oven. Once the potatoes are soft, drain and set aside. Take the skillet out of the oven and add the duck fat. It should melt almost instantly. Add the potatoes, rosemary, and salt, and toss to coat. Put the potatoes in the oven, and roast for 20 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown.


what a lovely, lovely sight! i could eat those potatoes cooked with duck fat and rosemary. for every meal (all by themselves)l until they are gone.:yum:

tinlizzie 12-26-2012 06:50 AM

New year's Eve treat has appeared before my very eyes! Mmmmmm. :wub:

kadesma 12-27-2012 11:49 AM

I plan to have some of those as soon as I can get my fanny to the store. A beautiful mouth watering picture.
kades

mmyap 12-27-2012 12:15 PM

I just recently saw duck fat sold in containers at Wholefoods and always wondered what to do with it. Never seen it sold here before. Now I know! I'll have to try that soon.

jkath 12-27-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitauta (Post 1221499)
what a lovely, lovely sight! i could eat those potatoes cooked with duck fat and rosemary. for every meal (all by themselves)l until they are gone.:yum:

Ditto!

the mere mention of duck fat makes me hungry!

taxlady 12-27-2012 03:05 PM

Oh my! I wonder where I can buy some duck fat.

vitauta 12-27-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxlady (Post 1222110)
Oh my! I wonder where I can buy some duck fat.


taxy, i no longer have my own rendered duck fat, and have been buying it from amazon. for about ten dollars, i get a six-pack of 1 1/2 oz. containers, which is a handy size for sauteing eggs, roasting potatoes, cauliflower, and such....you can buy different, larger size containers of duck fat from amazon too, if the small ones are not convenient for you....

taxlady 12-27-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitauta (Post 1222117)
taxy, i no longer have my own rendered duck fat, and have been buying it from amazon. for about ten dollars, i get a six-pack of 1 1/2 oz. containers, which is a handy size for sauteing eggs, roasting potatoes, cauliflower, and such....you can buy different, larger size containers of duck fat from amazon too, if the small ones are not convenient for you....

I just checked Amazon.ca. This was all I could find :eek:
D'Artagnan Duck Fat - 7oz CDN$ 90.04

Maybe I'll try the Chinese grocery.

4meandthem 12-27-2012 04:58 PM

Looks awesome! I made smashed potatoes on Christmas day that was similar but smashed them when tender and roasted them some more until crispy a little. I wish I had duck fat for mine though, I used EVOO. I seasoned them the same but after smashing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.