Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Sunday 17th February (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-sunday-17th-february-84384.html)

Kylie1969 02-16-2013 09:47 PM

Dinner Sunday 17th February

Tonight we are making some beef schnitzel burgers :smile:

Beef schnitzel, cheese, tomato, lettuce and fried onion :yum:

Snip 13 02-17-2013 12:44 AM

That sounds good Kylie :) I've never put schnitzel on a burger before.

Not sure what to make, I'm not very inspired today lol!

I've got ground beef, smoked pork ribs, lamb ribs, tenderised steaks, smoked chicken quarters, pork bangers, pork rashers, beef short rib, boerewors, fish fingers, frozen peas, corn and carrots, stirfry veg, broccoli, cauliflower and butternuts in the freezer.
I don't know what to make, not in the mood for thinking lol!
Maybe someone will pick for me ;p

Kylie1969 02-17-2013 02:55 AM

Thanks Snip :smile:

They are nice with schnitzels :yum:

Here it is

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u...8/P1010021.JPG

Barbara L 02-17-2013 04:21 AM

James had some acid reflux issues yesterday, so we didn't have chili after all, so that is what we will have tonight. :yum::yum:

Snip 13 02-17-2013 05:35 AM

Looks good Kylie :)

CraigC 02-17-2013 09:23 AM

Vegi lasagna.

pacanis 02-17-2013 09:48 AM

I've got some leftover marinated shrimp that I grilled with the other night's steak. I think I will get some stir-fry type veggies and toss them in at the end, then serve over rice.

Rocklobster 02-17-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara L (Post 1240334)
James had some acid reflux issues yesterday, so we didn't have chili after all, so that is what we will have tonight. :yum::yum:

I feel his discomfort. Hiatus hernia sufferer, here. Eating habits are very important to quality of life. But I guess that goes for everybody, really.

Rocklobster 02-17-2013 09:59 AM

Classic roast chicken dinner here. Mashed garlic taters, roasted veggies....may make some buns....

CWS4322 02-17-2013 10:00 AM

Back on my regular eating schedule, so tonight will probably be just some steamed broccoli and mushrooms.

Andy M. 02-17-2013 10:03 AM

Roast chicken, pilaf and butternut squash.

Katie H 02-17-2013 11:17 AM

The temperature is right at freezing today, which means it's a good day to make soup. I'm about to put together a nice big pot of split pea soup. There's a lovely 2-pound ham shank with lots of meat that is just about right for this meal. There are still at least a dozen potato rolls left and a goodly amount of romaine in the refrigerator. So rolls and salad will finish off the menu, with iced tea to drink and some more cut-out Valentine cookies for dessert. Gonna be an easy dinner day today. Yeah, 'cause I want to go out to my studio and play again today.

bethzaring 02-17-2013 12:14 PM

leftover potato soup, which turned out really well, it didn't need the aged cheddar I had planned to sprinkle on top

or

I haven't been to a restaurant in over a week :innocent:. For lunch or dinner, it will be the soup and a trip to a local restaurant for enchiladas, beans and posole. This restaurant has been voted best Mexican food in town for the last 8 years. I'm leaning toward the enchiladas for lunch and soup for dinner.

Whiskadoodle 02-17-2013 01:30 PM

Good plan Beth. Enchiladas, the sooner the better :smile:

My burger didn't thaw yesterday, and I don't appreciate thawing in the microwave. So it's sloppy joes tonight with baked burger buns.

It's the last package of my farmer raised ground beef, time to order a new supply.

Ordered a crisp and thin crust pizza with crispy edges instead. Ate some of that for breakfast, too. Tasty.

Snip 13 02-17-2013 01:51 PM

I ended up making prego rolls, steamed corn on the cob and spiced chard.

jabbur 02-17-2013 03:26 PM

Hoping the ground beef will thaw so we can have spaghetti. If not, we'll see what else I can rustle up.

forty_caliber 02-17-2013 03:46 PM

Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of our best friends. A mother of one who became paraplegic in a jet ski accident. She became a single mom when her husband divorced her because he didn't want to deal with her disabilities. Please send us your positive vibes as we celebrate the life of the remarkable Ms C this evening.

40 clove chicken
Gratin Dauphinoise
Steamed Green beans
Coconut Blondies

GotGarlic 02-17-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forty_caliber (Post 1240467)
Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of our best friends. A mother of one who became paraplegic in a jet ski accident. She became a single mom when her husband divorced her because he didn't want to deal with her disabilities. Please send us your positive vibes as we celebrate the life of the remarkable Ms C this evening.

40 clove chicken
Gratin Dauphinoise
Steamed Green beans
Coconut Blondies

Such a sad story. I'm glad she has great friends like you and Mrs. .40 :smile:

I'm going to try making Sauce Robert (bechamel simmered with cream and freshly grated horseradish) again tonight, to be served with pan-seared beef tenderloin, potatoes au gratin and a green salad.

Dawgluver 02-17-2013 03:54 PM

Positive thoughts for Ms. C., .40. Such sad circumstances.

With a previous post about Mexican food making me want some, we're having black bean soup. Am thinking I may also make PF's lemon curd (with Costco limes).

Kylie1969 02-17-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snip 13 (Post 1240341)
Looks good Kylie :)

Thank you Snip xxx