Your Worst Kitchen Disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterychef

Senior Cook
This probably has been discussed many times before. Since I'm fairly new thought I would give it a try. My Question is ''What's your biggest kitchen disaster''. Mine was while serving dinner in a group home for about 20 people [Including staff]. It was St. Patty's day and I was ready to serve the standard corned beef dinner. The building I was working in was an old semi refurbished mansion with uneven floors. We served ''Family Style'' bringing the hot pots of food on a cart and serving tableside. I had finished loading the last pot[ boiled potatoes]. You can guess the rest. As I moved the cart to the dining room I hit a bump in the floor and the whole ten gallon pot with water and potatoes spilled onto the floor. At first shocked [but not burned] I ran to the freezer an spread a bag of ''Tater Tots'' out onto a sheet pan. Cranked the oven to high and we had ''Tater Tots'' with our ''traditional dinner''.The owner of the home was a nice friendly Irish lady. What she said to me that day was anything but nice.

Last edited:
I never had a disaster that involved a dinner with that many people! All of mine, and there were more than a few, were private disasters. Mostly due to gettin' in a hurry and either leaving out something critical or mismeasurement. Thankfully, I am gettin' too old to get in much of a hurry these days.

I never had a disaster that involved a dinner with that many people! All of mine, and there were more than a few, were private disasters. Mostly due to gettin' in a hurry and either leaving out something critical or mismeasurement. Thankfully, I am gettin' too old to get in much of a hurry these days.

I hear That! We are on the same wave length. I used to hurry now I do things when I'm ready.

Back
Top Bottom