Canape help needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaucedeSewing

Assistant Cook
My daughter is getting married in September, the plan is for a noon ceremony, followed by a reception at a farm. They will be having a hog roast at 4.30pm. Obviously the 90 guests will need some food between the ceremony and the hog roast. The bride and groom have arranged for an old fashioned ice cream van to be at the farm for a couple of hours, but also want to have some canapes. How many canapes do you think we should serve? Does anyone know of any prepare ahead canape recipes that I could use to supplement purchased items?

If it is going to be a casual gathering how about a popcorn machine, a wheelbarrow filled with roasted peanuts in the shell, ice cold watermelon wedges and someone grilling hotdogs for an hour or so when guests first arrive.

Hi Saucedesewing,
Sounds like you are going to have a ball! Love the idea of the ice-cream van. Would they like some 'retro' ideas to follow through the theme such as bridge rolls filled with pate ( frozen in advance) cheese and pineapple on sticks, tiny baked potatoes etc? How much help will you have?? The peanuts in a wheelbarrow sounds fun ;)

Now that's a wedding I'd love to attend, and what great ideas you've been given!

I love them all. Casual snacks like platters of deviled eggs would be a hit, along with grape clusters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom