T-Rex Chopsticks!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need those! I'm definitely chopstick challenged. I love going out for Sushi and my table manners are pitiful. Steve lived in Japan for a while, and he just :rolleyes: rolls his eyes.:wacko:

I betcha that's a good way to learn to use chopsticks, provided you learn a right way to hold them.

But, mushrooms and whole almonds in a slippery sauce will still be hard to pick up with plastic chopsticks.

This doesn't have to be done with plastic chopsticks.

If a restaurant gives you the cheapo wood chopsticks in the paper wrapper, you do the same thing, using the wrapper to roll up and wedge between the sticks.

If a restaurant gives you the cheapo wood chopsticks in the paper wrapper, you do the same thing, using the wrapper to roll up and wedge between the sticks.
Good idea.

I mentioned the plastic chopsticks with slippery sauce, whole almonds, and mushrooms so that no one would get discouraged just because those were difficult. They can be difficult with wooden or bamboo chopsticks. They still fight with me when I use plastic chopsticks and I have been using chopsticks for 45 years.

Well....if you're talking sushi, just use your fingers. That's perfectly acceptable. :yum:

I'm so glad to hear that!:yum:

I'm putting a rubber band in my purse right now Andy!! ;)

When I first came to US, my cousin took me to his favorite Chinese restaurant (there were no Chinese restaurants in Russia) he loved place so much he went there at least couple of times a week. By then he's been going there for 5-6 years and still did not know how to use the chopsticks. Some way or another I picked up the chopsticks and with in two weeks master the use of it. I really love using it too, Asian food doesn't taste the same when eaten with fork.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom