Edamame storage after cooking in a BBQ camp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erez80

Assistant Cook
Hello,
I'm new here, looking for an answer, I'm setting a BBQ day and want to give the guests edamame beans in their pods as a desert. Because the BBQ won't be close to a stove and I have no way to cook, My question is how can I keep it fresh for about 3-6 hours.

Your help is very welcome.
Thank you in advance :)

Welcome to DC! I agree with Josie. Cini, a neighbor who frequently travels to Japan told me bowls of edamame in the pods are served there as bar snacks, like we eat peanuts here.

Last edited:
After cooking they're stay fresh left at room temp for several hours while serving. I see no reason to chill them as you transport them unless you intend to serve them chilled. They taste good served at any temp. We do edamame quite often.

Last edited:
After cooking they're stay fresh left at room temp for several hours while serving. I see no reason to chill them as you transport them unless you intend to serve them chilled. They taste good served at any temp. We do edamame quite often.

Agreed. I love edamame and always have a few bags in the freezer. They'll be fine at room temp for several hours, especially if they're still in the pod.

Welcome to DC, erez!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom