New crock-pot casserole cooker..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ovannie

Assistant Cook
Has anyone used the new crockpot casserole cooker and if so, what has been your experience with it? Did you use a liner and I wonder if I could line it with foil? Any TAT recipes would be welcome.

Welcome to DC, ovannie! :flowers:

Not really sure what you're referring to, but many of us here LOVE the Nesco roaster. It comes in different sizes, and is programmable to slow cook, bake, and high heat roast. It's pretty much an all-in-one counter top appliance. The cooking well is removable and is so easy to clean, I've never had the need to line it. Here's the one I have.

NESCO® Oven Roasters, Accessories | Official Nesco.com

As far as recipes - the blue bar on the top of the page here has many cooking categories...check them out and have fun! Ask away if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Jabbur, that clears up the question.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking ovannie. Why would you want to line it with anything?
You may want to spray it with Pam, but it looks easy enough to clean.

I agree with Kayelle. My slow cooker has a ceramic insert and it's really easy to clean. Lining it with foil might cause overcooking, since it would insulate the dish more than it's designed to be.

Crock Pot brand

It's a crockpot brand cooker...I have trouble holding/washing heavy ceramic pieces and this is heavy)..I use C. P. liners in my regular pot and was wondering if foil would also work? Thanks for any info...:blush:

Don't use any type of liner unless they sell one specifically for this. As others have pointed out, it may insulate it too much. This could at best burn the food and at worst cause a short.

As Cheryl pointed out, some of us love our Nesco roasters. If you have physical issues, the non-stick Nesco cookwell is a lot lighter than a ceramic crockpot container and can easily be washed.

Last edited:
Like Cheryl and Dawg, I'm a big believer in the Nesco 6 qt. roaster with it's removable light weight cookwell. With it's variable temperatures, it's the most versatile multi use appliance I own and there's nothing it can't do, including casseroles.

Thanks for all the input...It's a very heavy 3 1/2 quart crockpot casserole cooker and the insert is very heavy...I'm using CP liners in it but would like to know if anyone has done any baking in it? (cakes, pies, etc.) I have a very small senior efficiency apt. and really need counter high appliances and this fills the bill for most everything. I'm going to make a 9x12 cake in it but wanted to see if anyone had done so first. Thanks for input.

Back
Top Bottom