Can't find correct forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

truckersgirl

Assistant Cook
Hi! I found this site via a google search for recipes for a portable stove. There is apparently a forum here for "cooking at 300 degrees" but I have not been able to find it. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome. There is no forum here for "cooking at 300 degrees". Never has been. Ask your questions in one of the other forums by the type of food (beef, chicken, Stews, etc) or just in the "General Cooking" forum.

Truckersgirl, there used to be a trucker guy around here who cooked in his truck, but for the life of me I can't remember his name to try and find his posts for you.
RB is right..stick around, you'll like it here.

Truckersgirl, there used to be a trucker guy around here who cooked in his truck, but for the life of me I can't remember his name to try and find his posts for you.
RB is right..stick around, you'll like it here.

Yes, Kay, and he had some very innovative recipes and techniques. I'll have to see if I can find his posts too.

Last edited:
:LOL: Thanks Dawg, I just did a search on "cooking on the road, truckers" and it was the first one that came up. :LOL:
Hopefully truckersgirl will come back and see it!

:LOL:
I can't believe I never saw that thread...he had some creative ideas for cooking on the road. Sure beats cold sandwiches and the expense of diners and fast foods for every meal. :)

I use to drive long haul. I primarily farm now but still drive local. We own 3 tractor trailers and 2 Kenworth straight trucks. Anyway...The older trucks you could wrap hotdogs or burgers well anything really (pre cooked) in foil and lay on the exhaust manifold. Ive done soup but you have to poke a hole in the can. Cant do that with newer trucks. They don't get hot enough anymore.

I didn't have that oven you are talking about but I did have a water heater thing for ramen noodles and soups.

Back
Top Bottom