Friday 1/27/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am working up a recipe with b/s chicken breasts to be cooked in the pressure cooker. I want to use some things from the fridge, pantry and freezer. Not sure how it will work out. LOL I'm still new at using my Instant Pot. So I need to figure out what/how to cook things.

Last edited:
Galbi with jasmine rice, a quickie cucumber kimchee, pickled radishes, and spinach with sesame oil and seeds. Craig picked up some soju yesterday to have with dinner.

And we went to the big oriental market this morning, which also happens to be in the same shopping center as an italian market with a wonderful bakery. So, among other things, we brought home a couple of mini cream puff swans (mine) and a couple of canolis for Craig.

Last edited:
Now you just have to quit it with that Instant Pot, MsM! I'm sooooo tempted to get one!

Thinking I'll griddle up some hot dogs, buttered and toasted buns, with kraut, mustard, and relish.

Another banchan will be scallion pancakes, forgot about them until I just noe checked our menu to see what else needed to be done for dinner tonight.

Last edited:
Galbi with jasmine rice, a quickie cucumber kimchee, pickled radishes, and spinach with sesame oil and seeds. Craig picked up some soju yesterday to have with dinner.

And we went to the big oriental market this morning, which also happens to be in the same shopping center as an italian market with a wonderful bakery. So, among other things, we brought home a couple of mini cream puff swans (mine) and a couple of canolis for Craig.

I've never had Soju before, what does it taste like?
And let me say, I am very jealous! Your meal sounds like something right our alley! How do you make your quickie cucumber kim chee Med? and do you make your own pickled radish? Do you use daikon?

As to what's going on our table this evening, DH was made a request for Italian-Style Hoagies for late lunch-early dinner, linner :)
So I went over to the local supermarket, which carries the ingredients that are pretty close to what we would find in say an Italian Market. Found DH's favorite Root Beer (Henry Weinhard) and some Tillamook Ice Cream for dessert.
CG, I found your favorite Ice Cream, but they had very limited flavors available. We both want to try the Graeter's Coconut Chocolate Chip for sure!!! And ZOWEE!! :ohmy: You were right about the price, that will be a special treat, maybe this Summer they'll put it on sale ...

Now you just have to quit it with that Instant Pot, MsM! I'm sooooo tempted to get one!

Thinking I'll griddle up some hot dogs, buttered and toasted buns, with kraut, mustard, and relish.

Well may not be doing that recipe tonight. DD may want to order Chinese takeaway.

37240-albums1041-picture6847.jpg

I used regular radishes simply because we had them and needed to use them before they went bad. I have used daikon and love pickled daikon. I'll have to post the link for the recipe later. I can't find it right now.

Soju tastes what I would imagine cold saki would taste like. I've only ever had saki warm or room temp, but from what it tastes like as it warms up in your mouth, I'd have to guess it's very similar.

^^ that looks great! Yum.

To answer OP: tonight I'm making Linguine and Clams for DH and Thai Red Chicken Curry for me. And PIE for dessert! I'm making a blackberry/blueberry pie. Wish me luck, I haven't made a real dessert pie in years (I've cheated and used pre-made crusts). Hopefully I can get a good photo to post in the dessert thread.

37240-albums1041-picture6847.jpg

I used regular radishes simply because we had them and needed to use them before they went bad. I have used daikon and love pickled daikon. I'll have to post the link for the recipe later. I can't find it right now.

Soju tastes what I would imagine cold saki would taste like. I've only ever had saki warm or room temp, but from what it tastes like as it warms up in your mouth, I'd have to guess it's very similar.

... and your quickie cucumber kim chee?

I simple adore japanese style namasu, pickled daikon, cucumber, sweet white onion, fresh ginger root and carrots, MMM!!

namasu.jpg

I gues I've got to make another bowl full :yum:

Last edited:
Got out a little early today so I made up a lasagne with gf's pasta machine, frozen tomatoes from the garden and fresh ground beef from the deli.. it's in the oven now....serving a mixed green salad with balsamic and olive oil......washing it down with Chianti....

Dang that sounds good. I have everything except the hot dogs. So I settled for a couple of scrambled eggs.

Got out a little early today so I made up a lasagne with gf's pasta machine, frozen tomatoes from the garden and fresh ground beef from the deli.. it's in the oven now....serving a mixed green salad with balsamic and olive oil......washing it down with Chianti....
Discovered I had no Mozzerella so I used Asiago..it browns rather nicely...
BVvsBEq.jpg

Last edited:
DW did the shopping and nails thing, and my boy went snow tubing with his school, so I made some lamb shoulder chops, and fried some polents pucks with onions and garlic for myself.

Attachments

• 1485641047746.jpg
    1485641047746.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom