What are you eating Saturday 11/4/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am just starting the process of making beef braciole, meatballs and gravy. I may cube up the left over eye round from last night and brown it along with the braciole and meatballs. Then I’ll use it as gravy meat and add it to the pot. If I get it done in time it will be dinner tonight, if not Sunday Gravy done!

I'm hiking up to Henninger Flats to spend the night in my camp hammock. I'll probably take with me some instant mashed potatoes, couple of eggs, and a beef weiner for dinner material.

It's cheat day here at the compound!!!:clap:

Breakfast:
2 Eggs
Grits
3 piece of bacon.
1 1/2 English Muffin
Homemade strawberry preserves.
Coffee & Chicory

Lunch:
Grilled Pimento & Cheese Sandwich.
Pretzels

Supper:
Bourbon
Fried Catfish.
Fresh Mustard/Turnips and T-roots.
Corn Boiled in Crab boil.
Cornbread with copious amounts of fresh jalapenos.
Slice of buttermilk cake.

Watch a little TV and snack on a few Boiled Peanuts. :yum:

Hooray for cheat days UB!

I got bacon, sweet potatoes and baking potatoes in the oven right now. Not sure what will happen when dinner time rolls around, but I will be prepared.

Another wild Saturday night! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

shopping

with a salad and a diet ginger ale.

Mediterranean chicken thighs with tomatoes, olives, and capers, served over brown rice. I'm doing this in the pressure cooker. Green salad on the side.

Craig happened to notice a restaurant with wood fired ovens on his way home the other day. So, we decided to try their pizza tonight. For a couple of bucks more than the mediocre pizza places within a 1/2 mile (this place is about 4 miles away), we now know where to find pizza as good as what we can make in the BGE or the Weber with the pizza oven set up. Plus, they have quite a few other interesting looking and sounding dishes on their menu. Oh, we had a pepperoni pizza and a Margherita, plus an antipasto plate for an appy.

Thin linguine, homemade beef Braciole, meatballs and gravy topped with fresh grated parmesan Reggiano and romano cheeses.

linguine_bracoile_meatballs_110417_1_IMG_3395.jpg

bracoile_110417_IMG_3397.jpg

Today is our 10th anniversary. It sure feels like we've packed in a lot of loving and living in just a short decade! We actually celebrated last night with lobster at our favorite sea side restaurant.
The celebration continues tonight with bacon wrapped Filet Mignon, mushroom risotto, haricot vert with bacon.

Last edited:
I made my own version of an Italian Hoagie, based on what I had on hand. Fruit and nuts on the side, and some non-alcohol beer.

CD

Today is our 10th anniversary. It sure feels like we've packed in a lot of loving and living in just a short decade! We actually celebrated last night with lobster at our favorite sea side restaurant.
The celebration continues tonight with bacon wrapped Filet Mignon, mushroom risotto, haricot vert with bacon.
Happy anniversary, Kayelle and Souschef! [emoji813]

Happy Anniversary, Guys!

Happy 10th Kayelle and Souschef!!

I tried a new recipe I found for German beer cheese soup. Sadly, it was an abject failure, tasted terrible. I used store-brand cheddar, and of all things, discovered we were out of stone-ground mustard, so I used regular yellow mustard. May have gone a bit heavy-handed with the beer. We ended up eating various leftovers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom