Goodwill find for the holidays, plus more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Had another good day at Goodwill yesterday and even I couldn't believe the treasures that called to me.

First, as I was "grazing" the housewares part of the store I spied a dozen silver water goblets. I knew they were silver in spite of them being black, black, black. Turned them upside down and, yep, Rogers Bros. was incised on the bases of all of them. They were mine for $7. What a deal!! I love silver and don't mind polishing it since I found Maas Metal Polish.

My second score was, I think, a brand new Panasonic MP3/AM/FM radio player. Handed over one buck for that.

Brought my treasures home, plugged in some headphones on my new music gadget, and polished the silver as I enjoyed some tunes.

Every goblet was perfect. No scratches, dings, pits or blemishes. When done, they looked like soldiers ready for inspection.

Our Christmas dinner table is definitely going to sparkle.

It's really aggravating that you find such great deals time after time. I guess folks around here don't give away stuff that good.

Sure, K'girl. You can come shopping with me anytime.

And, Andy, many times I just stumble on some of my goodies. I wasn't particularly looking for the goblets but I had a feeling they would be just fine...and they were. As for the MP3 player, I'd been interested in having one but have been to cheap, um thrifty, to pay full price for one on the chance I wouldn't use it much. Now, a dollar? Yep, I can do that.

I love silver and really don't mind polishing it. About a month ago I bought a lovely Towle baroque-style oblong dish for 59 cents. It, too, was coal black and came up just like new. It's a small piece and I may keep it on my dresser to hold "special" pieces of jewelry I wear frequently.

It's really aggravating that you find such great deals time after time. I guess folks around here don't give away stuff that good.
Ours is hit or miss. It was probably months that I didn't find anything worth buying. Then, all of a sudden things start appearing.

I keep wanting to take pictures of some of my cooler kitchen finds. Almost all my knives are from thrifts, as well as my beer glass collection.

I've started to realize I am getting a collection if fondue forks. It's an odd thing to collect I suppose, but I can't pass up a set when I see them. Lots if cool 70's style.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom