A reminder.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pictonguy

Sous Chef
Picked up some Chateau de Bourgogne and it's truly a cheese of distinction and pretty darn tasty.

IMG_1091_720x.jpg

Last edited:
Read descriptions on its taste (since I've never had it before) and it sounds very decadent. I wonder how much it costs and where to buy it. It doesn't sound like something I could just find in my local Kroger.

Yeah, it's a triple brie and one of my favorites. I purchased from a local cheese store. You can order it online I would suspect but I'm pretty sure if there's a cheese shop near you they would have it.

Hmmmm.... Brie. Didn't know it was Brie. I've tried Brie a couple of times and didn't like it at all. But the description of the Chateau de Bourgogne sounded pretty delicious. Guess I'd have to try it to see if I like it or not.

Read descriptions on its taste (since I've never had it before) and it sounds very decadent. I wonder how much it costs and where to buy it. It doesn't sound like something I could just find in my local Kroger.
It depends on the neighborhood your Kroger is in. There are two near me that cater to different clientele and carry different products.

It depends on the neighborhood your Kroger is in. There are two near me that cater to different clientele and carry different products.
Yes, the Kroger in Dublin (on my work end of town) is in a more upscale area. If I can find it at any Kroger, it would probably be that one.

Brie is one of my favourites. I'll have to check for them in my local stores here. The IGA (think Yellow Label, ;) ) one of several places I shopped in Quebec often carried an assortment of higher end cheeses. Pretty sure I've had that one.

I paid around 16.00 for 200 g's. I'm not a fan at all of the run of the mill brie's and generally never buy them and give them a pass, this is a different thing altogether and suggest if anyone has the opportunity to give it a try.

If I can find it at all, it will depend on how much it costs. I can't really afford to be spending a lot of money on something I may or may not like. If it's super pricey, I would probably pass it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom